Windows 10: InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices

Discus and support InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello folks,I am piloting InTune for some non-domain joined laptops and I need to make sure these laptops are automatically downloading and installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alex Peacock, Jun 9, 2021.

1. InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices

Hello folks,I am piloting InTune for some non-domain joined laptops and I need to make sure these laptops are automatically downloading and installing the latest Windows 10 updates.I have setup update rings and set it to All Devices. However when I check on my devices in the Updates section of Control Panel, it says 'Updates Available' and it isn't automatically pushing the updates to be installed.I want this update process to be entirely user-hands off.Please can anyone advise?Thanks in advance.

:)

Alex Peacock, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Zima Blue Win User

Enrolling Android Device in Intune - Google Account?

After doing my own research it appears this depends on what kind of Android device you want to enroll. Starting with:

In my case, I wanted to enroll a fully-managed device:

Enroll Android Enterprise dedicated, fully managed, or corporate-owned work profile devices in Intune - Microsoft Intune

According to the above documentation:

*Admins or users are to: (5) On the Google sign-in screen, enter afw#setup instead of a Gmail account, and then choose
    NEXT.*

The next step is to scan or input the Android enrollment token - Intune blade (Azure portal) > Device enrollment - Android enrollment > Android enrollment (under Manage) > Corporate-owned, fully managed user devices (Preview)

Zima Blue, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Enrolling Android Device in Intune - Google Account?

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on the best practice for setting up an an Android device in Microsoft Intune. I understand that enrolling an Android device requires you to download the Company Store app from the Play Store (Guide found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune-user-help/enroll-your-device-in-intune-android
    ) . As you need a Google account to access the Play Store how is this possible if you are enrolling a company device? This will probably be the same for Apple devices.
    What Apple account should be used to access the App store?

I'm sure that encouraging device users to use their own accounts (Google/Apple) is not good security practice.

An advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Neil Garner, Jun 9, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices

1. InTune Windows 10 Update Ring not forcing Windows updates onto enrolled devices - Similar Threads - InTune Update Ring

2. Intune - Windows Update Rings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  3. Intune - Windows Update Rings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  4. Intune Enrolment

Intune Enrolment: HiI would like to add some window 11 devices that are already connected to Azure AD into Microsoft Intune, MDM is enabled and the users had been added to the group , is it possible to get the device to join without connecting onto the PC and using company portal...
  5. intune enrollment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intune enrollment: Hello Our group is migrating their PC's from SCCM managed into intune fully managed by doing a "wipe and enroll" but us, as a subsidiary, requested to explore all the different possibilities to avoid wiping the end users computers.i have found some info about migrating to...
  6. intune enrollment

intune enrollment: Hello Our group is migrating their PC's from SCCM managed into intune fully managed by doing a "wipe and enroll" but us, as a subsidiary, requested to explore all the different possibilities to avoid wiping the end users computers.i have found some info about migrating to...
  7. intune enrollment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Update Windows 10 Home to Pro and Enrol into Intune

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Windows 10 Home to Pro and Enrol into Intune: Hello Everyone,A user bought a laptop with Win 10 Home, cannot sign in to it with company's account and enrol it. We normally buy laptops with Pro licenses.What exactly would need to be done to successfully enrol it the same way as other devices?Should I just get Windows 10...
  9. Update Windows 10 Home to Pro and Enrol into Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows 10 Home to Pro and Enrol into Intune: Hello Everyone,A user bought a laptop with Win 10 Home, cannot sign in to it with company's account and enrol it. We normally buy laptops with Pro licenses.What exactly would need to be done to successfully enrol it the same way as other devices?Should I just get Windows 10...
  10. Update Windows 10 Home to Pro and Enrol into Intune