Windows 10: Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account.

Discus and support Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All my PC's, three Desktops and a Laptop are on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 19042.685. I started to implement Bitlocker on them at the end of December,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RTeeL, Jan 5, 2021.

1. RTeeL Win User

Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account.

All my PC's, three Desktops and a Laptop are on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 19042.685. I started to implement Bitlocker on them at the end of December, 2020. Since I am in the U.K. the date will be in the format dd/mm/yyyy and this seems to present a problem when the key is stored in my Microsoft Account. My account profile correctly shows my birthdate and it knows I am in the U.K. Any key stored in December is Invalid. Now that we are into January 2021, a date is being stored but it is in the U.S. format, namely mm/dd/yyyy. I can find other posts on the web with the problem but no solution. I cant see anywhere how to change it to the U.K. format.
    Need someone in a similar time zone to confirm that it can be done before I spend more time investigating.

Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account. [​IMG]

Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account. [​IMG]

:)

RTeeL, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Li_621 Win User

Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date"

I chose to store my bitlocker recovery key to microsoft account.

When trying to recover, I noticed that date of the key is shown as "Invalid date" and the key is not accepted. Does this mean storing recovery key to microsoft account failed and my data is lost without any warning?

Otherwise everything seems to be in order, account shows that machine was last updated today.

Li_621, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Key Issue Date Invalid??

Hi,

I recently had to have my laptop's motherboard replaced and I had to use the Bitlocker Key to unlock the system. I noticed that the "Key Issue Date" was listed as "Invalid Date".

I was wondering if that will affect the validity of the key? And is there any way of rectifying that issue?

Jaime_2301, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account.

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account.

1. Invalid Date for Bitlocker Recovery Keys in Microsoft Account. - Similar Threads - Invalid Date Bitlocker

2. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account: Hi! I have a PC with both Linux and Windows. When trying to boot Windows I'm greeted with a Bitlocker screen. I said to go tohttps://aka.ms/myrecoverykey and enter my unique device code to retrieve my Bitlocker code to unencrypt my harddrive. However when I go to that url is...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key invalid: Hi, i have 4 bit locker recovery keys for my desktop id, all the 4 shows invalid dateI have tried using manage bde command but still unable to unlock those keys.Any idea on how to get a bit locker key for my desktop....
  5. Bitlocker recovery key invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key invalid: Hi, i have 4 bit locker recovery keys for my desktop id, all the 4 shows invalid dateI have tried using manage bde command but still unable to unlock those keys.Any idea on how to get a bit locker key for my desktop....
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination: Is there a way to determine what Microsoft account a bitlocker recovery key ID is a part of? Our surface pro 3 installed bitlocker without our involvement not sure how or why but that's another discussion. The 2 Microsoft accounts that we have do not have any bitlocker...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Key in My Account has an Invalid Date.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Recovery Key in My Account has an Invalid Date.: All my PC's, three Desktops and a Laptop are on Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 19042.685. I started to implement Bitlocker on them at the end of December, 2020. Since I am in the U.K. the date will be in the format dd/mm/yyyy and this seems to present a problem when the key is...
  8. Bitlocker Key Issue Date Invalid??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key Issue Date Invalid??: Hi, I recently had to have my laptop's motherboard replaced and I had to use the Bitlocker Key to unlock the system. I noticed that the "Key Issue Date" was listed as "Invalid Date". I was wondering if that will affect the validity of the key? And is there any way of...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date"

Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date": I chose to store my bitlocker recovery key to microsoft account. When trying to recover, I noticed that date of the key is shown as "Invalid date" and the key is not accepted. Does this mean storing recovery key to microsoft account failed and my data is lost without any...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2