Windows 10: Invalid disk 0

Discus and support Invalid disk 0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Initially it showed EFI ipv4 boot failed. Then I changed uefi to legacy but problem persisted. At last I thought of reinstalling windows then there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ranjeetkkr, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Invalid disk 0

Initially it showed EFI ipv4 boot failed. Then I changed uefi to legacy but problem persisted. At last I thought of reinstalling windows then there was no drives on which can install. I check it on cmd there I am seeing perhaps even a bigger issue that the status of Disk 0 is "invalid" , size=931GB , Free= 0B, Dyn= *

Please help meeeeeeeee....!

:)

ranjeetkkr, Apr 16, 2021

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Gizerjark Win User
    Invalid System Disk

Iam trying to flash my video card with a different bios for my radeon 9600, i followed some tutorial and made a bootable floppy and put FlashRom and the bios in it but when i try to boot with it is says Invalid System Disk.
    Is there anyway to fix this ?
    Also my motherboard is Asus P5P800 if that would help.

Gizerjark, Apr 16, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Invalid disk 0

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Invalid disk 0

1. Invalid disk 0 - Similar Threads - Invalid disk

2. Invalid media or Track 0 bad – disk unusable

in Windows 10 News
    Invalid media or Track 0 bad – disk unusable: [ATTACH]When you try to format your storage drives including HDDs, USBs, SSDs, SD cards, etc using the format command in Command Prompt on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, Windows may be unable to complete the formatting with the error message Invalid media or Track 0...
  3. Invalid media or Track 0 bad disk unusable Format failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid media or Track 0 bad disk unusable Format failed: I just bought brand new USB SanDisk 3.2 Gen1 USB Device and while preparing it to use it as evidence collection drive. Got below error:C:\WINDOWS\system32>format e: /fs:exfat /p:1Insert new disk for drive E: and press ENTER when ready... The type of the file system is...
  4. Invalid media or Track 0 bad disk unusable Format failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid media or Track 0 bad disk unusable Format failed: I just bought brand new USB SanDisk 3.2 Gen1 USB Device and while preparing it to use it as evidence collection drive. Got below error:C:\WINDOWS\system32>format e: /fs:exfat /p:1Insert new disk for drive E: and press ENTER when ready... The type of the file system is...
  5. Invalid media or Track 0 bad disk unusable Format failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message: I wasn't sure where this goes so I'm posting in General. My W10 machine, which I built right after Christmas 2018, is having random reboot issues that I can't figure out. At random times the machine will reboot, and then show a black screen with the message "Invalid System...
  7. Bitlocker disk went invalid, cant recover.

Bitlocker disk went invalid, cant recover.: Hey, ive recently switched to Redhat 8.3. after which i switched back to win10 pro because of school. Ever since i havent been able to access my bitlocked D drive, which also contains my system image, with all my software. [ATTACH] When following a small guide online i get...
  8. Windows 10 hard disk statue changed to invalid after one partition format

Windows 10 hard disk statue changed to invalid after one partition format: So after formatting one partition hard Disk statue changed to Invalid, it is online and working fine but the statue is invalid and lets you know that my Windows is on partition C of this hard Disk. it is loading fine but I feel that it is slow and not fast enough. Now, I...
  9. Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid: I'm in panic mode right now. I have a 2TB HDD that I moved from my old PC. It had 2 partitions, one for OS (Win10) and one for my stuff. New system's OS (also Win10) is on SSD so I wanted to merge the 2 partitions on my HDD to get some of that sweet extra space. Turns out...
  10. Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message

in Windows 10 Support
    Random reboots and "Invalid System Disk" message: I wasn't sure where this goes so I'm posting in General. My W10 machine, which I built right after Christmas 2018, is having random reboot issues that I can't figure out. At random times the machine will reboot, and then show a black screen with the message "Invalid System...