Windows 10: Invalid Drive E

Discus and support Invalid Drive E in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My secondary E harddisk is removed from my desktop. Was trying to install the MS office back E drive back to C drive but during installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kelvin.T.p.y, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Invalid Drive E

Hi,

My secondary E harddisk is removed from my desktop. Was trying to install the MS office back E drive back to C drive but during installation, error message "Invalid EInvalid Drive E :Drive" keep appearing. I can't uninstall and I can't install.

How to remove the lists from "Programs and Features" so that I can install a fresh copy into C: Drive?

Thank you

:)

Kelvin.T.p.y, Feb 16, 2021

2. Invalid Drive: E:\

I am trying to install a program and as i start the installer it comes up with - Invalid Drive: E:\

JacksonConnell, Feb 16, 2021
  3. rdh61 Win User
    Cannot install program, "Error 1327:Invalid Drive: E:\"

Hello,

When I try to install LibreOffice I receive this error message: "Error 1327:Invalid Drive: E:"

The problem arose in these circumstances:

LibreOffice had been installed on a microSD card and was functioning normally. One day on attempting to open it I got the above error message. I removed the microSD card, reinserted it, and tried again. Same result (Invalid Drive: E), even though now the microSD card was listed in the file manager as Drive D. So, figuring the drive must have been corrupted, I reformatted it. Then I tried to install a new version of the software on the microSD card, with the same error. Finally I tried to install it onto the computer's main HD (Drive C), but the installation is aborted with exactly the same error message (Invalid Drive: E).

Please note: I am now trying to install onto the main on-board hard drive, NOT the microSD card. But somehow the computer thinks otherwise, and the error message refers to the now non-existent "Drive E".

What can I do to get over this?

Many thanks.

rdh61, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Invalid Drive E

Can't uninstall. Invalid drive E:/

To increase disc space on drive E, free space needed to be on right side, but mine was on left. So, I had to delete drive E and create a new drive A with the space I required. I could recover most files as I had copied them to A before deleting E. Now,
    to reinstall certain programs, specifically Epic Games launcher, I need to delete the previous install. But I cannot do it since it says invalid E drive. It seems, its because the drive no longer exists. But I want to uninstall this previously installed Epic
    Games launcher. Please help. It makes me very uncomfortable and makes me feel I spoilt my laptop.

DrMischievious, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Invalid Drive E

1. Invalid Drive E - Similar Threads - Invalid Drive

2. Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11: Hi!I am trying to create a samba drive with an external hard drive connected to an old router Inteno DG301A and keep getting invalid credentials error when I try to access the drive through Windows file explorer. The credentials I enter are definitely the same that I created...
  3. Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid credentials error when trying to open network samba drive on Windows 11: Hi!I am trying to create a samba drive with an external hard drive connected to an old router Inteno DG301A and keep getting invalid credentials error when I try to access the drive through Windows file explorer. The credentials I enter are definitely the same that I created...
  4. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  5. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  6. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. EPIC games installer invalid drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EPIC games installer invalid drive?: I’ve been trying to download my EpicGames Launcher onto my PC, but I keep getting the “invalid drive D:\” pop up. It won’t let me uninstall the app, I’ve considered maybe it was due to being on an external hard five so I plugged that in, and to no avail, it showed the same...
  8. EPIC games installer invalid drive?

EPIC games installer invalid drive?: I’ve been trying to download my EpicGames Launcher onto my PC, but I keep getting the “invalid drive D:\” pop up. It won’t let me uninstall the app, I’ve considered maybe it was due to being on an external hard five so I plugged that in, and to no avail, it showed the same...
  9. Please help! Usb drive not working at all. Directory name is invalid please insert disc...

Please help! Usb drive not working at all. Directory name is invalid please insert disc...: Not long ago i bought a new usb drive a 64 gb sandisk and it worked fine, but now for some reason when I plug the usb driver in it give me a "the directory name is invalid error" and when i try to access my files it says "please insert the disc in to usb drive". I tried a...
  10. Please help! Usb drive not working at all. Directory name is invalid please insert disc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! Usb drive not working at all. Directory name is invalid please insert disc...: Not long ago i bought a new usb drive a 64 gb sandisk and it worked fine, but now for some reason when I plug the usb driver in it give me a "the directory name is invalid error" and when i try to access my files it says "please insert the disc in to usb drive". I tried a...