Windows 10: Invalid Dynamic disk

Discus and support Invalid Dynamic disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kesava Sai Gullapalli, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Invalid Dynamic disk

I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid".

so what should I do ?

:)

Kesava Sai Gullapalli, Jul 14, 2020
  2. jumanji Win User

Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

Fourth Screen:

Invalid Dynamic disk [​IMG]

Sample Fifth Screen:

On completion of the analysis you will get a screen showing the found partitions. Please take a screenshot and post. ( Your screen will show the found partitions on your disk and will be different .) Close TestDisk.

Do you see all the partitions that existed in the disk or some are missing?

Let me examine it and decide what is to be done further.

jumanji, Jul 14, 2020
  3. jumanji Win User
    Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

You will do all operations in Windows.

Plug in your faulty 750GB drive - which I presume is inside an external enclosure.

If you have another external drive with sufficient space , create a folder named Recovery and plug it in too. You will be copying the recovered data into this folder. ( If you do not have another external drive, skip this. We shall run TestDisk and ascertain if it is possible to recover the data. If we can, then you can get the external drive, run TestDisk again and copy the data.)

Run TestDisk as administrator.

First Screen:

Second Screen:

Third Screen:

To be continued after a short break.

jumanji, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

Invalid Dynamic disk

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Invalid Dynamic disk

1. Invalid Dynamic disk - Similar Threads - Invalid Dynamic disk

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated on Dynamic disk !: Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after...
  5. Invalid disk 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid disk 0: Initially it showed EFI ipv4 boot failed. Then I changed uefi to legacy but problem persisted. At last I thought of reinstalling windows then there was no drives on which can install. I check it on cmd there I am seeing perhaps even a bigger issue that the status of Disk 0...
  6. My disk is Dynamic!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My disk is Dynamic!: Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-dynamic/2f5fac23-d9d7-4288-a225-3b6ba936a6c5
  7. Dynamic Invalid Hard Drive Repair or Backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamic Invalid Hard Drive Repair or Backup: Hi Everyone! Not 100% sure this is the right place to post this but let me give you the situation. I recently had a computer with 2 4tb drives RAID 1 in it as my primary backups for my home. They were a little over 50% full when that motherboard died. I am trying to bring up...
  8. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  9. Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk': Evening all, I recently found out my old HP Pavillion G6 Laptop 750gb hard drive which I have tried to access on my Dual-booted iMac (windows version 1903). However, in Disk Management is says 'Disk 2 - Dynamic - Invalid'. The option to Convert to Basic disc is greyed out...
  10. Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help: Hi, Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid. I have to parts that I nhave much data in. Is is full of audio files and the other of dp\ocs and p0ds etc. I have used cgisecurity...