Windows 10: Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

Discus and support Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive Invalid file handle error during rename, delete, copy, etc. operations in Windows 10/8/7, here is a simple solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 26, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

WinClub, Mar 26, 2019
  2. windows20 Win User

Invalid file handle.

I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't I delete it?

Very confused...

windows20, Mar 26, 2019
  3. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

Windows 10 "Invalid File Handle" Error Message-Unable to delete file

I am attempting to delete a file named
    Con Man 1 and keep receiving an interrupted action, "Invalid File Handle" error message. My laptop system is Windows 10.

Please does anyone know how to delete a file that does not want to be deleted????? Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you

Auntie Lori, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

1. Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations - Similar Threads - Invalid file handle

2. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  3. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  4. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  6. Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle: I have a folder I cannot delete, inside this folder are files named con.txt1 through con.txt8190 when I attempt to recycle it, it returns - Invalid file handle. How do I remove this from my files? submitted by /u/john_the_idiot [link] [comments]...
  7. Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handle is invalid: Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message submitted by /u/Ritagra [link] [comments]...
  8. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  9. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...
  10. Invalid file handle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid file handle.: I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete file with invalid file handle