Windows 10: 'Invalid File Handle' when I try to change the date of one of my photos.

Discus and support 'Invalid File Handle' when I try to change the date of one of my photos. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change the date taken of one of my photos but I can't do it because the computer keeps saying 'Invalid File Handle'. What does it mean and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ekowturks, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ekowturks Win User

'Invalid File Handle' when I try to change the date of one of my photos.

I want to change the date taken of one of my photos but I can't do it because the computer keeps saying 'Invalid File Handle'. What does it mean and how do I prevent this?

:)

ekowturks, Apr 4, 2020

2. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Apr 4, 2020
  3. angryuser Win User
    the handle is invalid HELP!

I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).

angryuser, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Can't change photo date

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the file extension for the photos which are facing the issue?

It is possible that the Windows photos app has gone corrupted due to the involvement of third party websites/applications.

You can try to run app troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.

Refer to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Alternatively, you can try the following steps to change the date of the photos:

1. Select the file from the file explorer.
    2. Right click on it and click on Properties.
    3. In the image properties, click on the Details tab.
    4. Look for the section Origin>Date taken and click on the mentioned date.
    5. Edit the date accordingly and click on Apply and OK.
    Get back to us with the required detail to help you further.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. 'Invalid File Handle' when I try to change the date of one of my photos. - Similar Threads - 'Invalid File Handle'

2. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  3. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  4. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handle is invalid: Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message submitted by /u/Ritagra [link] [comments]...
  6. How can I change the dates on my Photo files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the dates on my Photo files: I transferred my photos to a computer and all the "dates created" are the same. How can I alter the respective dates on each folder; especially for my photo folders...
  7. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  8. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...
  9. the handle is invalid HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    the handle is invalid HELP!: Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message. What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen. Tried...
  10. Invalid file handle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid file handle.: I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't...