Windows 10: Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt

Discus and support Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have this file in a folder system that won't delete no matter what I do. I have tried to delete both the directory and the file itself but it gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mojn01, May 26, 2022.

1. mojn01 Win User

Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt

Hi,I have this file in a folder system that won't delete no matter what I do. I have tried to delete both the directory and the file itself but it gave me errors both times.Is there a way to delete this file?

:)

mojn01, May 26, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, May 26, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 26, 2022
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt - Similar Threads - Invalid File deleting

2. Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt: Hi,I have this file in a folder system that won't delete no matter what I do. I have tried to delete both the directory and the file itself but it gave me errors both times.Is there a way to delete this file?...
  3. Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid File not deleting even through command prompt: Hi,I have this file in a folder system that won't delete no matter what I do. I have tried to delete both the directory and the file itself but it gave me errors both times.Is there a way to delete this file?...
  4. Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video: Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-didnt-delete-video/4ddd0cfb-7dc3-4444-8994-b9b10156bc9c
  5. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  6. Deleted folder from command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder from command prompt: I was deleting some useless folders with command prompt, and I tried to delete a folder called "." or ".." Then desktop's icons deleted, and application bar's icons too. Chrome also formatted, Office logged out, and some other programs also did. Then I rebooted and now...
  7. No text, not even in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No text, not even in command prompt: Hi guys My laptop was running pretty hot the other day, so I turned it off when it got super slow. This was after the latest update, and everything was working normally, except of course running hot. I booted it up again today, and... no text on anything to do with the...
  8. Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin: I've recently made some bat scripts to do some stuff with zip files, extract and sort/rename etc blah blah blah not important. As part of the cleanup I have it delete the zip file once its extracted however something went wrong the other day and it turns out "del file.zip"...
  9. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  10. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....