Windows 10: "Invalid Handle" error

Discus and support "Invalid Handle" error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adinrob, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Adinrob Win User

"Invalid Handle" error

I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle error. I have spent the last few hours on google, trying to figure out how to just log in. There are no other users on the computer, and I can't log into safe mode to get to the command prompt to activate administrator privileges. I'm not windows-savvy, so I have no idea what to do now.

:)

Adinrob, Aug 19, 2018

2. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Aug 19, 2018
  3. angryuser Win User
    the handle is invalid HELP!

I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).

angryuser, Aug 19, 2018
  4. "Invalid Handle" error

"Handle is invalid" on tablet

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your effort in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with: "handle is invalid" error, we will help you with this issue.

As you are able to access Lock-screen, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to enter the password and check if you can log-in to the device.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode and check if it helps.

• Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select
      Restart.

• When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.
      Select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.

Once you are in Safe mode, I suggest you to disable the anti-virus software and check if it helps.

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 3: Follow the steps to boot the device in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

"Invalid Handle" error

1. "Invalid Handle" error - Similar Threads - Invalid Handle error

2. an internal error occurred Invalid handle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an internal error occurred Invalid handle: When I clicked DNS client to restart it nothing is happening. Restart is grey and when I clicked action on DNS client, I get the error message: an internal error occurred Invalid handle. This issue is so important and without it the email of outlook on mobile won't and I get...
  3. an internal error occurred Invalid handle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an internal error occurred Invalid handle: When I clicked DNS client to restart it nothing is happening. Restart is grey and when I clicked action on DNS client, I get the error message: an internal error occurred Invalid handle. This issue is so important and without it the email of outlook on mobile won't and I get...
  4. an internal error occurred Invalid handle

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11: Hey,Since the release of Windows 11, I've been trying to run some automation code on this OS, but I'm inconsistently getting this error when trying to run some different CMD commands using subprocess.Popen in Python3 - [WinError 6] The handle is invalidI scouted all around...
  6. Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11

Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11: Hey,Since the release of Windows 11, I've been trying to run some automation code on this OS, but I'm inconsistently getting this error when trying to run some different CMD commands using subprocess.Popen in Python3 - [WinError 6] The handle is invalidI scouted all around...
  7. Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11: Hey,Since the release of Windows 11, I've been trying to run some automation code on this OS, but I'm inconsistently getting this error when trying to run some different CMD commands -[WinError 6] The handle is invalidI scouted all around the internet but only found solutions...
  8. Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11

Invalid Handle Error in Windows 11: Hey,Since the release of Windows 11, I've been trying to run some automation code on this OS, but I'm inconsistently getting this error when trying to run some different CMD commands -[WinError 6] The handle is invalidI scouted all around the internet but only found solutions...
  9. Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handle is invalid: Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message submitted by /u/Ritagra [link] [comments]...
  10. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...