Windows 10: Invalid icon spacing after some use

Discus and support Invalid icon spacing after some use in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, after upgrading to windows an some time after it, I've got a problem with icon spacing. It annoys me, and also looks not organized for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheStrangeTeste, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Invalid icon spacing after some use

Hello everyone, after upgrading to windows an some time after it, I've got a problem with icon spacing. It annoys me, and also looks not organized for me. Please help. Please ignnore on the before images the shimejis.

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Oct 11, 2016

2. N900 - Email username

I too have the same issue.

Space in my username worked fine for both pop and imap on mt N95.

Doesn't tell me it's invalid for MfE but gives me an invalid credentials error.

It would be nice if there was a response to this at some point fiven that it has been here a fortnight.

Bodestone---01, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    Desktop icons keep moving at startup

I have been experiencing the same issue at times, especially recentlly.

I have searched for the solution, and no luck. It seems that it is the glitch Microsoft has not yet resolved.

Here is a Temporal Alternative Solution:

Since the system rearranges desktop icons automatically in the left side of the screen each
    time the system is refreshed or rebooted or start/Restart, I decided to arrange all desktop icons in the left side in the way I wish. In this way, the system does not rearrange the icons. It is important not to leave any space.

If you would like to arrange icons with some spaces between them, create empty file folders and use them instead of spaces.

I still keep Recycle Bin in the middle. It is not much work, since it is the only one I have to move back after Unwanted Automatic Rearrangement.

I use "Medium icons" and "Align icons to grid."

Dr. Musou, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Invalid icon spacing after some use

Auto align icons or align icons to grid may be your problem.

Solution:

It depends on if the icons are set to auto arrange their position on the desktop or set to align to grid. This function is achieved by right clicking and empty space on your desktop that in turn will open a task pane window like this one:

Invalid icon spacing after some use [​IMG]

Hover over the word view, another sub window will automatically appear, check align to grid or auto arrange icons. Auto arrange, I believe will tend to reset your icons in different locations initially and then the icons tend to reset themselves after that, depending on how many icons you have, at no specific time with no input from the user. Align to grid setting keeps the icons where you initially put them and keeps them there until the user moves them.

Align to grid settings allows you to place your desktop icons where and how you like and will keep them there permanently or when you decide to move them somewhere else. IMO and my experience.

lopedoggie, Oct 11, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Changing the default display of text and icons along with the resolution can also change the spacing which wouldn't make it invalid, just different. I don't see any issue with the Desktop in the 2 images except for all the skulls but my question would be which arrangement do you want, the top one or the bottom one?

Berton, Oct 11, 2016
  6. ^^^
    Which one? Exactly.

lopedoggie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Invalid icon spacing after some use

1. Invalid icon spacing after some use - Similar Threads - Invalid icon spacing

2. Icon spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon spacing: Icons out of the blue are widely spaced and wont go back into normal position. Have used the left click method on desktop to arrange and nothing, typed in regedit, but theres no regedit in the list to edit spacing of icons. What a mess Windows is. Have been correcting out of...
  3. Icon spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon spacing: Icons out of the blue are widely spaced and wont go back into normal position. Have used the left click method on desktop to arrange and nothing, typed in regedit, but theres no regedit in the list to edit spacing of icons. What a mess Windows is. Have been correcting out of...
  4. Icon spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon spacing: Icons out of the blue are widely spaced and wont go back into normal position. Have used the left click method on desktop to arrange and typed in regedit, but theres no regedit to edit spacing of icons. What a mess Windows is. Have been correcting out of the blue issues for...
  5. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  6. icon spacing

icon spacing: how can I move my desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-spacing/9ca0f5d1-2f55-42b2-b860-1e9259b79cac
  7. Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program: I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the...
  8. Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program: I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the...
  9. Icon Spacing

Icon Spacing: I just had to reset my PC and now the icon spacing is all different. The horizontal spacing is alright, but the vertical spacing is much too narrow. I've checked values using the Registry Editor and the values for both horizontal and vertical spacing are -1125. So, why are...
  10. Icon spacing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon spacing: How can I space the icons on desktop? How can I make text bigger where I can read it OK? Like when I type in a web address in the bar. Some of my icons or huge and some are small. Please help Jaye 6154