Windows 10: Invalid IP address starting with 169

Discus and support Invalid IP address starting with 169 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am not getting internet access on my pc through ethernet but i can get it through wifi. On running the windows troubleshooter, it says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr_Ghost101, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Invalid IP address starting with 169

Hi,
    I am not getting internet access on my pc through ethernet but i can get it through wifi. On running the windows troubleshooter, it says that the IP address is invalid. So i tried following some youtube videos but it didnt help. The IP address star with 169. I have to face a lot of problems because my wifi connection doesnt reach till my room so i am dependent on my ethernet. I would be really thankful to you if you help me solve my problem.

Thank You.

:)

Mr_Ghost101, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Afrigreen Win User

169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

Right.

Note to self. Ask for help. Get partial help fm LogicEarth (thank you - only after suggesting I was quite going slightly mad - smile). Irrespective of self-hosting website non-public - I still didnt get an answer or quick fix for 169 ip address and so forth.

See? Nobody actually addressed my issue besides the fact that im partially crazy for hosting my own website. Nobody ('cept for Alure thingy), has given an alternative.

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY addressed the issue of 169 ip and so forth.

Afrigreen, Nov 11, 2020
  3. 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

No router, No DCHP and a 169 address does not stop one from accessing the site. What people will use is the public IP provided to you by your ISP. Your internal private IPs are irrelevant.

logicearth, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Wullail Win User

Invalid IP address starting with 169

169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

Your stuck , 169 addresses are because there is no DHCP server involved , without DHCP , there's no way for people to look up your IP address to connect to your web page..

Host your site elsewhere.

Wullail, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Invalid IP address starting with 169

1. Invalid IP address starting with 169 - Similar Threads - Invalid address starting

2. Invalid IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid IP address: I’m getting message Local Area Network doesn’t have valid IP address. I’m on Win-7. Can someone give step by step instructions? I have found several suggestions but I’m not sure which to try and I don’t want to mess it up. Can you help? Thanks....
  3. Invalid IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid IP address: I’m getting message Local Area Network doesn’t have valid IP address. I’m on Win-7. Can someone give step by step instructions? I have found several suggestions but I’m not sure which to try and I don’t want to mess it up. Can you help? Thanks....
  4. Ip invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ip invalid: So im staying in a extended stay for work and the wifi isnt the best here but i have a wifi extender and it was working just fine now all of a sudden my ether net will not work but my wifi will all i get from my ether net is a invalid ip add and i have already done tye...
  5. What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?

in Windows 10 News
    What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?: [ATTACH]Internet is a basic human right and its lack can disrupt your daily life. […] This article What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169: I'm running Windows 10 64bit and had a BSOD due to laptop over heating. On rebooting my laptop LAN started showing unidentified network. My WiFi is completely fine and I can use it. When I checked my IP it started with 169 and I was told it had a negative significance. Any...
  7. WiFi2 invalid ip address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi2 invalid ip address: Internet access requires a cmd prompt to open each time l restart laptop. I've tried netsh winsock, which works but has to be entered each time l restart. l've also done network reset and updated drivers and adaptors. Anymore ideas??...
  8. WiFi2 invalid ip address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi2 invalid ip address: Each time l start or restart my laptop l have to use the command promt netsh winsock and netsh int ip reset to access wifi. Is there a link to a permanent fix for this issue. All windows updates are up to date....
  9. Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address

Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address: I cant connect to the internet i tried everything online nothing works help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unidentified-network-ip-configuration-is-invalid/55cb42e1-df20-449c-8f48-7d18bd9dbb8e
  10. 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip: Hi I am an absolute extreme beginner in trying to install my own website (for my small business) using my home computer as my server for now, etc. Took me days to understand what I was supposed to install where and confusion arose many a time with all the ins and outs....