Windows 10: Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode

Discus and support Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i am currently having an recurring issue where after some time on sleep mode my HP laptop HP 15 Notebook PC, disconects the wireless internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milord PT, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Milord PT Win User

Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode

Hi, i am currently having an recurring issue where after some time on sleep mode my HP laptop HP 15 Notebook PC, disconects the wireless internet connection and everytime I run the network troubleshooter it shows the same fixed problem:"IP had an invalid Configuration" or something of the sort. I tried changing my IP to static but to no avail, since the wifi was disconected once more, but the problems it fixed were no longer the "Invalid IP configuration" but something to do with the ethernet cable which makes no sense since i am not connected by cable, after my change of IP to static some sites began showing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED error at some times and at others it works fine, have i done something wrong, should i revert my IP to DHCP? The invalid IP also happended to me once while surfing the web without the activation of sleep mode. I can't update my network drivers since devmanager seems to say there are no more updates available. I also have a recent event log if necessary.

Thanks in Advance

:)

Milord PT, Jul 3, 2020

2. Invalid IP Configuration

As I have noticed with many of you, I have had trouble connecting my lap top to Wifi running in Windows 10. Trouble shooter informs me that the IP address configuration is invalid. I have followed a number of the suggestions posted on the forum however the
    only one that worked was to go into 'Command Prompt'; 'Run Administrator'; then type in ipconfig /renew. However this only appears to be a short term fix as it reverts back to 'invalid IP Configuration. The contact centre have been unable to help - does anyone
    know how to fix it permanently?!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

joreeves2012, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi John,

Since this is a new computer, settings may be on the default configuration. One of the option to configure the authentication requirement when the device wakes from sleep is through
    Settings under Accounts. To be guided on this, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• On the Search box, type
      Sign-in options and press Enter.

• Under Required sign-in, click the drop down arrow and choose your
      preferred setup.

• Once done, close the Settings window and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Zedrick Del, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode

Ip has invalid configuration

Hi,

• Have you tried restarting your computer?
    • Is the IP address in the 169.x.x.x range?
    If so, this is actually a bug that Microsoft have already resolved.

We suggest referring to this link
    for more information, and for a detailed instruction on how to resolve it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode

1. Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Invalid configuration sleep

2. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  3. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  4. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ip invalid

Ip invalid: So im staying in a extended stay for work and the wifi isnt the best here but i have a wifi extender and it was working just fine now all of a sudden my ether net will not work but my wifi will all i get from my ether net is a invalid ip add and i have already done tye...
  6. Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router: Hello, I am having an odd problem. My newly built PC began having WiFi issues just the other evening, out of the blue. I have attempted to narrow the problems as much as possible, and am at a loss. Thus far, my findings and situation are as follows. I can connect to my...
  7. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  8. Invalid Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid Configuration: Sir When i power on my pc there show: Invalid Configuration Information - Please run setup program. Time-of-day not set - please run setup program. To continue press F1 key To change setup option press F2 key To run onboard diagnostics press F5 key Please help me what...
  9. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb
  10. Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address

Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address: I cant connect to the internet i tried everything online nothing works help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unidentified-network-ip-configuration-is-invalid/55cb42e1-df20-449c-8f48-7d18bd9dbb8e