Windows 10: Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

Discus and support Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an odd problem. My newly built PC began having WiFi issues just the other evening, out of the blue. I have attempted to narrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EddieHartmann, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

Hello,

I am having an odd problem. My newly built PC began having WiFi issues just the other evening, out of the blue. I have attempted to narrow the problems as much as possible, and am at a loss. Thus far, my findings and situation are as follows.

• I can connect to my home network with all devices. All devices work properly, except the desktop. Other devices include a Chromecast, Roku, 2 Phones, and a Laptop occasionally.
      • The desktop network connection is listed as "No Internet, Secured" yet I am connected. It says 'No Internet" when I dive into properties.
    • My Desktop can connect to my HotSpot on my phone without issue. ruling out the hardware on my PC
    • A troubleshoot on my WiFi connection will yield one of two results.
      • "WiFi has invalid IP configuration"
        • I have attempted ipconfig /release and /renew, it tells me there is an issue with the DHCP server not available.
      • It will suggest I restart my router. I have
    • AT&T reports no line issues, but this is obvious because other devices work.
    • Manually configuring the IP to match the specifications of a working device on the network does not work
    • Manually configuring it in network properties does not either
    • Resetting it back to Automatic does not work change things.
    • I am fully updated in Windows 10 Home

I am at a complete loss. Occasionally, it will briefly connect, but then shortly afterward I will lose the connection again. At times, it has lasted for brief periods before dying. Any help would be great, and I can provide any additional details necessary.

:)

EddieHartmann, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Vule_ Win User

Windows 10 - Ethernet has a invalid IP-Configuration

Give to your PC static IP. Or reset DHCP, or re-configure the router.

Vule_, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Invalid IP Configuration

As I have noticed with many of you, I have had trouble connecting my lap top to Wifi running in Windows 10. Trouble shooter informs me that the IP address configuration is invalid. I have followed a number of the suggestions posted on the forum however the
    only one that worked was to go into 'Command Prompt'; 'Run Administrator'; then type in ipconfig /renew. However this only appears to be a short term fix as it reverts back to 'invalid IP Configuration. The contact centre have been unable to help - does anyone
    know how to fix it permanently?!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

joreeves2012, Nov 9, 2020
  4. manub Win User

Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

Configuring static ip on router

I will check that. What i want is i want to access internet from my mobile and pc simultaneously. I want to configure the static IP in the router and i want to obtain the IP address on my PC. Any idea how to do that?
    Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router 5.jpg
    . I'm using this router D-link 2730U

manub, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

1. Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router - Similar Threads - Invalid Configuration Unavailable

2. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  3. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  4. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine

invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine: I have been trying to fix this issues for days now. I've tried everything i could think of to fix this. I even factory reset my entire PC and it fixed the issue but then it randomly comes back. The issue is the WiFi isn't' that great and Hardwired is just so much better....
  6. Ip invalid

Ip invalid: So im staying in a extended stay for work and the wifi isnt the best here but i have a wifi extender and it was working just fine now all of a sudden my ether net will not work but my wifi will all i get from my ether net is a invalid ip add and i have already done tye...
  7. Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode

Invalid IP configuration after sleep mode: Hi, i am currently having an recurring issue where after some time on sleep mode my HP laptop HP 15 Notebook PC, disconects the wireless internet connection and everytime I run the network troubleshooter it shows the same fixed problem:"IP had an invalid Configuration" or...
  8. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  9. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb
  10. Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address

Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address: I cant connect to the internet i tried everything online nothing works help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unidentified-network-ip-configuration-is-invalid/55cb42e1-df20-449c-8f48-7d18bd9dbb8e