Windows 10: Invalid key long after free upgrade win 7 to win 10

Discus and support Invalid key long after free upgrade win 7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Acer laptop from Taiwan a long time ago. It was a Chinese Win 7 laptop. I went to Acer service center to buy another OEM win 7 English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phay0204, Dec 11, 2019.

1. phay0204 Win User

Invalid key long after free upgrade win 7 to win 10

I bought a Acer laptop from Taiwan a long time ago. It was a Chinese Win 7 laptop. I went to Acer service center to buy another OEM win 7 English version, which is legal, and Acer installed it. Maybe 6 years ago there was a free upgrade to win 10. I upgraded. Now the windows crashes, so I reinstall a win 10 downloaded from Microsoft mediacreationtool. The problem is, It doesn't recognize my win 7 English version key. That sucks. I upgraded during the free event, so it makes me a legal win 10 user. But how come it doesn't recognize my key!? What should I do? Thank you.

:)

phay0204, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Irony Win User

SCCM: In Place upgrade Win 7to win 10 1903 License issue

I was working on one task sequence for In Place Upgrade. Win 10 1709 to Win 10 1903 is working fine.

But Win 7 to Win 10 1903 is getting failed during Upgrade Operating System step.

I checked some of the links and added the KMS Client Keys (NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43) in upgrade operating system step.

Also added one step to run vbs script.

But Task Sequence is getting failed at this step.

Command line Cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 returned 3221549136

In my environment, we are using KMS and we don't have a Volume license.

Any advise how to resolve this issue.

Irony, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 11, 2019
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Invalid key long after free upgrade win 7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - Invalid key long

2. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  3. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  4. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  6. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  7. Win 7 auf Win 10 upgrade Key Fehler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 auf Win 10 upgrade Key Fehler: Hallo und zwar möchte ich mein Laptop von Windows 7 auf Windows 10 upgraden alles hat super funktioniert bis auf das Ende da wird mir angezeigt das es ein Fehler mit dem Produkt key gibt kann mir jemand weiterhelfen bitte?!...
  8. Win 7 auf Win 10 upgrade Key Fehler

Win 7 auf Win 10 upgrade Key Fehler: Hallo und zwar möchte ich mein Laptop von Windows 7 auf Windows 10 upgraden alles hat super funktioniert bis auf das Ende da wird mir angezeigt das es ein Fehler mit dem Produkt key gibt kann mir jemand weiterhelfen bitte?!...
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...