Windows 10: Invalid license in Dell laptop?

Discus and support Invalid license in Dell laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A relative of mine, far away from here, bought this refurbished Dell E4310 from a local computer shop (local to them) 3 years ago. When I visited them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mark Phelps, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Invalid license in Dell laptop?

A relative of mine, far away from here, bought this refurbished Dell E4310 from a local computer shop (local to them) 3 years ago. When I visited them recently, they dug it out of their closet and asked me to look at it. I noticed it was running and older version of Win10 so I updated it for them. They asked me what it would take to fix it up and I gave them an estimate of the hardware cost and rather than spend the money, they gave it to me.

So ... I went to the Dell support site and discovered this model came with Win7 pro preloaded. The local computer shop must have done the Win10 upgrade because the relative has no idea how to do that.

But ... when I checked the license using the latest version of ShowKeyPlus, is says 4K7JG -- xxxx which is I believe the Default Win10 install key, not a valid digital license. It also says Window 7 OEM marker present in firmware.

When I check Activation Settings, it says it is activated with a digital license.

So, am I OK in continuing to use this?

I recently upgraded it to Win10 v20.04 bld 19041.450, so I would really hate to have to hunt around for a Dell OEM Win10 version to install in its place, presuming I can even find one.

:)

Mark Phelps, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Invalid license in Dell laptop? [​IMG]

Josie23, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Aug 30, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Invalid license in Dell laptop?

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Invalid license in Dell laptop?

1. Invalid license in Dell laptop? - Similar Threads - Invalid license Dell

2. Microsoft Change to Software Invalidates AnyTime License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Change to Software Invalidates AnyTime License?: I have had AnyTime for many years and love it. Recently, my Microsoft 365 upgraded and added Copilot to the suite. Then, when I tried to open my AnyTime ToDo Calendar, I got a message that I needed to "remake" my license and get a new product key. When I started to follow the...
  3. Microsoft Change to Software Invalidates AnyTime License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Change to Software Invalidates AnyTime License?: I have had AnyTime for many years and love it. Recently, my Microsoft 365 upgraded and added Copilot to the suite. Then, when I tried to open my AnyTime ToDo Calendar, I got a message that I needed to "remake" my license and get a new product key. When I started to follow the...
  4. Expression Studio license key invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Expression Studio license key invalid: Today when trying to reinstall Expression Studio on a windows 10 updated to the latest after a PC reset as in, recovery, where it went back to s-mode, I had to get out of s-mode again, it complains about my key being invalid yes, I verified I typed it in right. I tried the...
  5. Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Laptop: i recently recieved this computer used from my partner it was his old one. I am still learning how to maneuver it. for some reason the display is not full screen. there is about 2-3 inches of space on each side of the screen. and then of course another inch all around of the...
  6. dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell laptop: I have 2 3.0 usb ports on this laptop. They have power but they don't recognize anything I plug into them. What's the deal with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop/93cf7c20-6ad5-4f28-9dcb-2b83eec8d140
  7. Windows 10 license invalid after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license invalid after update: Several years ago, I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on my wife's laptop. For the most part, it's been working fine until a couple of days ago. Windows is now saying that the license key I have is invalid. There was never a product key e-mailed to...
  8. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...
  9. Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop: I am having trouble getting past the dell loading screen that says attempting repairs and I have tried the system boot assessment and it’s still doing the same thing. And I was using my laptop earlier today and now can’t do anything with it can someone please help me
  10. Invalid License, This forum is currently not available on this app

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid License, This forum is currently not available on this app: I switched to a new phone (Android 8) and when starting the fresh installed Ten Forums app I get the following message: "Invalid License, This forum is currently not available on this app. Please contact the forum administrator." When I press OK on the error popup, I get...