Windows 10: Invalid Partition File

Discus and support Invalid Partition File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just booted my computer and was greeted by "Invalid Partition File." I then pressed Enter and my computer booted normally. I tried restoring with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Invalid Partition File

I just booted my computer and was greeted by "Invalid Partition File." I then pressed Enter and my computer booted normally. I tried restoring with several images - to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem? Thank you.....

:)

Nisko, Sep 3, 2020

2. Invalid partition table

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you able to boot up to the desktop?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

I understand that you get a startup error "Invalid Partition Table". Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that this issue may happen due to system file corruption. As of now, I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines and check if that helps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table."?

How about trying rebuilding MBR?

If you have a Windows installation disc, you can fix invalid partition table via Command Prompt, here are solutions:

Step 1: Insert installation disc into your computer and boot PC from the disc. Click “Repair your computer”

Step 2: Select Command Prompt in the “System Recovery Options” window.

Step 3: Type “bootrec.exe” in Command Prompt and press “Enter”.

Step 4: Type “/FixMbr” on Windows. Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

For more solutions you can view:
    how to fix invalid partition table error on Windows
    ?

Casimira2016, Sep 3, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Invalid Partition File

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Invalid Partition File

1. Invalid Partition File - Similar Threads - Invalid Partition File

2. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  3. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  4. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  6. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  7. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid: I'm in panic mode right now. I have a 2TB HDD that I moved from my old PC. It had 2 partitions, one for OS (Win10) and one for my stuff. New system's OS (also Win10) is on SSD so I wanted to merge the 2 partitions on my HDD to get some of that sweet extra space. Turns out...
  9. Invalid partition table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid partition table: I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!' I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this...
  10. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid partition table error: Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude 3550 laptop. I had two OSes (Windows 10 + Linux) on this system. Today I decided to remove Linux and use just Windows 10. I removed through Disk Manager the two partition belonging to Linux (root and swap), and extended my Windows volume to...