Windows 10: Invalid partition table error

Discus and support Invalid partition table error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude 3550 laptop. I had two OSes (Windows 10 + Linux) on this system. Today I decided to remove Linux and use just Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by enterthevoid, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Invalid partition table error

Hi,
    I am using a Dell Latitude 3550 laptop.
    I had two OSes (Windows 10 + Linux) on this system.
    Today I decided to remove Linux and use just Windows 10.
    I removed through Disk Manager the two partition belonging to Linux (root and swap), and extended my Windows volume to whole disk.
    I also used this command:
    Code: c:\> bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr[/quote] to remove "grub" bootloader (which I don't need anymore).
    After reboot, I got error "invalid partition table error".
    How can I fix this?

p.s. I use "legacy" bios mode, not uefi.
    Thank you very much

:)

enterthevoid, Mar 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table."?

Will the issue came back again after everything was setup. The invalid partition table error is back. Back to my drawing board.

When pressing a key it gave you No Boot Device Found. Which I check the bios, exactly no Hard drive found.

Press any key to reboot the machine is the next option. I was going back to your discussion

Justwanttogame

you have SSD and the same here.

Ok I hope this is the fix for this invalid partition Table.

1.) I created Bootable USB to downgrade my Dell M6800 Bios.

2.) Why create Bootable USB - cause I can get to my OS.

Copy and paste to your browser

How to fix an Invalid Partition Table error on a system with a SSD (Solid State Drive) | Dell Deutschland

___________I was able to boot to my Windows 10_________________________

This also does not help. It came back to where it started - INVALID PARTITION TABLE!

Even going to bios and move the Internal SSD to be the first to boot. It works the first time and after reboot or shutdown it went back to INVALID PARTITION TABLE.

BIOS just won't hold the settings. Even you upgrade the Bios to the latest and downgrade the bios.

Still INVALID PARTITION TABLE.

Andrew Geriane, Mar 23, 2018
  3. AlecYin Win User
    AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Sadly I was having trouble w/ booting off the USB drive as I had the infamous Invalid partition table error.

When I tried to go the USB route, I didn't actually format it w/ NTFS as I thought media creation would actually do that for me. I wonder if that's the cause of my invalid partition table. I shall give this one last try.

AlecYin, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Invalid partition table error

I don't dual-boot [have enough computers not to have to] but it seems to me you took too much out. I'd boot to a Linux LiveDVD such as Mint and try to save any data you need, that exists nowhere else, to a USB drive and reinstall/reset Win10. A clean install will remove everything and should create any partitions it needs and may change from MBR to GPT/UEFI, whatever the BIOS supports.
    DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Berton, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Hi Berton,
    I could reinstall Windows 10 (this will surely work *Smile but, sincerely, I don't think this is the only option.
    With a Linux CD I checked and I am able to mount Windows partition and access to my data.
    I hope there is a fastest solution to recover OS.
    Thank you

enterthevoid, Mar 23, 2018
  6. Hi, problem solved with testdisk utility (from a Linux live CD)
    I simply let testdisk guess partition layout, write MBR, et voila'

enterthevoid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Invalid partition table error

1. Invalid partition table error - Similar Threads - Invalid partition table

2. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  3. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  4. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  6. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  7. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair: How can I repair Windows 10 "Invalid partition table? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-invalid-partition-table-repair/3aa1b23a-f2b0-4aef-a44b-3f7de7e3ef98
  9. Invalid partition table! shown with a new SSD.

Invalid partition table! shown with a new SSD.: Computer was given to me without HDD. First message I got: PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. I tried updating BIOS with a driver downloaded from Dell, I inserted the flashdrive with the driver onto the computer with Boot Device menu F12. Invalid partition table!...
  10. Invalid partition table

Invalid partition table: I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!' I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 invalid partition table