Windows 10: Invalid partition table

Discus and support Invalid partition table in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by w_marquardt, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Invalid partition table

I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!'
    I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this message but am not sure how. I did do a bootrec /fixboot; bootrec /scanos; bootrec /fixmbr; and bootrec /rebuildbcd.

I've tried a few different things with diskpart but broke the system so that it wouldn't boot at all. Using diskpart I was able to set the c: drive as active and I can at least boot again. I feel that diskpart will be the solution but I'm not sure what to change at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

:)

w_marquardt, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table."?

How about trying rebuilding MBR?

If you have a Windows installation disc, you can fix invalid partition table via Command Prompt, here are solutions:

Step 1: Insert installation disc into your computer and boot PC from the disc. Click “Repair your computer”

Step 2: Select Command Prompt in the “System Recovery Options” window.

Step 3: Type “bootrec.exe” in Command Prompt and press “Enter”.

Step 4: Type “/FixMbr” on Windows. Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

For more solutions you can view:
    how to fix invalid partition table error on Windows
    ?

Casimira2016, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Invalid partition table

Hi Andrew,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to refer to the advice provided by “Andre Da Costa” from this thread to check if that helps.

Invalid Partition Table Windows 10 clean installation from MS USB

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Invalid partition table

Invalid partition table

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you able to boot up to the desktop?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

I understand that you get a startup error "Invalid Partition Table". Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that this issue may happen due to system file corruption. As of now, I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines and check if that helps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Invalid partition table

1. Invalid partition table - Similar Threads - Invalid partition table

2. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  3. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  4. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  6. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "invalid partition table" error messege: I just installed my new ssd, and im trying to boot it with windows 10 usb drive inserted. it never makes it passed the black screen with all the random numbers and codes and it says "invalid partition table" all the youtube videos say to go to bios and change the boot order...
  7. "invalid partition table" error messege

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair: How can I repair Windows 10 "Invalid partition table? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-invalid-partition-table-repair/3aa1b23a-f2b0-4aef-a44b-3f7de7e3ef98
  9. Invalid partition table! shown with a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid partition table! shown with a new SSD.: Computer was given to me without HDD. First message I got: PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. I tried updating BIOS with a driver downloaded from Dell, I inserted the flashdrive with the driver onto the computer with Boot Device menu F12. Invalid partition table!...
  10. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid partition table error: Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude 3550 laptop. I had two OSes (Windows 10 + Linux) on this system. Today I decided to remove Linux and use just Windows 10. I removed through Disk Manager the two partition belonging to Linux (root and swap), and extended my Windows volume to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid partition table

2. invalid partition table!

3. should you use mbr or gpt

4. what is invalid partition table,
  5. invaild partition table,
  6. the partition table is invalid vmware raw,
  7. invalid partition table macrium reflect,
  8. invalid partition table diskpart