Windows 10: Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program

Discus and support Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a program that installs just fine on another W10 Pro, x64 (1809) box but when I start it in my own account here is what I see: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Compumind, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program

Hi.

I have a program that installs just fine on another W10 Pro, x64 (1809) box but when I start it in my own account here is what I see:

Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program [​IMG]

Cleanly uninstalled the old revision to the program and installed the new one.

When I "Run as Administrator" the .exe works perfectly, but without that I get the above error. Why?

Ran the following two command in an elevated Command Prompt:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Still nothing. I wonder if this is somehow "tied" to an earlier post of mine:

Cannot install some non W10 software updates - Permissions issue? Solved - Windows 10 Forums

The vendor TS says that they have never seen that error before upon program start.

Any ideas?

TIA *really

:)

Compumind, Feb 11, 2019

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program

1. Invalid Pointer Operation when starting a program - Similar Threads - Invalid Pointer Operation

2. Invalid Floating Point Operation when Installing Programs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Floating Point Operation when Installing Programs Windows 10: I am all of a sudden having this error pop up when trying to install programs or even open them up. Some programs also began instantly crashing before opening as well. Other programs run just fine. It is consistent on which ones work and which ones don't though.I have ran...
  3. Invalid Floating Point Operation when Installing Programs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Floating Point Operation when Installing Programs Windows 10: I am all of a sudden having this error pop up when trying to install programs or even open them up. Some programs also began instantly crashing before opening as well. Other programs run just fine. It is consistent on which ones work and which ones don't though.I have ran...
  4. Invalid Floating Point Operation when Installing Programs Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OpenGL error 1282 Invalid Operation!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenGL error 1282 Invalid Operation!: So, I think this is the 4th question I have asked Microsoft. I had many problems with my computer. Now I have a new one so I have less problems, but I did stumble upon an error today, and it has to do with OpenGL. So I downloaded a shader pack for Minecraft and I activated it...
  6. WFP Invalid Operation BSOD

WFP Invalid Operation BSOD: Hello, I have been having trouble with my laptop for a while now. My model is an Acer Aspire VN7-791G-79QW. I have already contacted the Acer Support service and they told me to downgrade to windows 8.1 and deinstall my antivirus. However, I been having win 10 for about 2...
  7. Onedrive: The Cloud operation is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive: The Cloud operation is invalid: I keep having this error. I allreay uninstalled Onedrive en re-installed it. The error keeps returning.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-the-cloud-operation-is-invalid/266cf235-18fb-4961-8842-8a5ff33d4f70
  8. WFP invalid operation BSOD

WFP invalid operation BSOD: Hello, I have been having trouble with my laptop for a while now. My model is an Acer Aspire VN7-791G-79QW. I have already contacted the Acer Support service and they told me to downgrade to windows 8.1 and deinstall my antivirus. However, I been having win 10 for about 2...
  9. WFP Invalid Operation

WFP Invalid Operation: Hi so i keep getting this blue screen initially when idle the when i i start to play a game of LoL and finally when i was trying to update drivers. I recently reformatted my laptop because previously my wifi driver was acting very strange, it would disable by itself...
  10. wfp invalid operation

in Windows 10 Customization
    wfp invalid operation: Здравствуйте, при каком либо движение ноутбука появляется синий экран с надписью ВПП INVALID OPERATION, уже попробовал несколько способов с YouTube все обновил и драйвера Все равно ничего НЕ изменилось ноутбук Acer Aspire es1-523 Процессор AMD E1-7010 APU с графикой AMD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid pointer operation

2. invalid pointer operation windows 10

3. invalid pointer operation winx dvd ripper

4. invalid pointer operation fix,
  5. Invalid pointer operation apollo,
  6. invalid pointer windows 10 app,
  7. invalid poiner,
  8. invalid pointer operation SQL,
  9. vampyr windows invalid pointer,
  10. invalid pointer operation iperius,
  11. invalid pointer operation windows 10 only,