Windows 10: Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

Discus and support Invalid product key Win 7 PRO in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joe Z2, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Joe Z2 Win User

Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting messages that the product key is invalid and to call and activate. The product key given is an OEM product key. So I called today and was told yes, the product key received from MICROSOFT is in fact invalid and since the support for Windows 7 has ended they cannot help me even though I have a valid product key with the win 7 P

:)

Joe Z2, Sep 23, 2022
  2. RoryBGF Win User

Windows 7 Pro Product Key coming up invalid.

Hard drive crashed, installed new one. Attempting to reinstall Windows 7 Pro from discs. Product Key coming up as invalid. Solution?

RoryBGF, Sep 23, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

How to get product key of old OS (Win 7) after upgrading to Win 10?

OK guys, this will take time, encoding in process but after that I need to do some basic editing and add explaining titles before I can post the video:

Invalid product key Win 7 PRO [​IMG]

The process as I did it:

• Install Windows 8.1 Pro on a new machine, activate with a valid product key which had never been used before. A totally virgin key. Activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on same machine wiping the HDD, use the same key to activate. Activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on a new machine, use the same key to activate. Activation OK
    • Upgrade the last install to Windows 10. Windows 10 activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on a new machine trying to use the same retail product key, resulting this:

Invalid product key Win 7 PRO [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO - Similar Threads - Invalid product key

2. Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid: I recently bought Windows 11 Pro from Walmart. I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 to a Ryzen 7 in order to meet the system requirements. After doing this, I tried activating Windows 11 and it says the product key is invalid. I know I have never activated it before and I only...
  3. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  4. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  5. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  6. Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD: Hi there, can one not use the Windows 7 product key to activate a Win 10 version? My Win 7 version on my old Dell laptop says Pro OA MEA and was shipped with the laptop back then. Am now trying to activate Windows 10 both Pro on a completely new system Can I for some...
  7. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  8. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  9. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...
  10. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...