Windows 10: Invalid Product Key

Discus and support Invalid Product Key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WeirdInjury0, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Invalid Product Key

I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys it said they were wrong. Anything that can solve this issue? (This computer had windows 8.1 before but installed windows 10 on it. I still have the main box where the laptop was originally placed before unboxing. I don't have the manuals though)

submitted by /u/WeirdInjury0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WeirdInjury0, Dec 15, 2020
  2. #Tabs1985 Win User

Invalid Product Key

I've done all this but when I enter the product key it says it's invalid. Why would that be? How do I fix that?

#Tabs1985, Dec 15, 2020
  3. CDeanT Win User
    Invalid Product Key

I bought my computer from Best Buy with Windows 10 preinstalled. Now I am upgrading Windows 10 and I get an invalid product key error. Why?

CDeanT, Dec 15, 2020
  4. PAH1986 Win User

Invalid Product Key

Invalid Product Key

My system crashed and then when it came back on it required my Product Key, I entered the correct key and it tells me its invalid. I have Windows Vista but now its trying to tell me its not supported and I have to upgrade to Windows 10

PAH1986, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Invalid Product Key

1. Invalid Product Key - Similar Threads - Invalid Product Key

2. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  3. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  4. Why my production key invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  5. Why my production key invalid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  6. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  7. How to receive confirmation that a product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to receive confirmation that a product key is invalid: Hello,I have purchased an invalid product key for Office 2019 from a third-party seller. The seller is insisting that I provide confirmation from a Microsoft representative that my particular key does not work in order to be refunded; is there a way I can contact a Microsoft...
  8. activation invalid after deletion of product key

activation invalid after deletion of product key: For Code: ProductName : Windows 10 Pro ProcessorArchitecture : x64 EditionId : Professional BuildLab : 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434 ActiveSkuDescription : Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel the product ID was deleted. The operating system was Windows 7 or 8 factory...
  9. windows says product key is invalid

windows says product key is invalid: I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7 key was). I bought a key from my wife's college (cuz it was free with her edu email).. Now windows says it's an invalid...
  10. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...