Windows 10: Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

Discus and support Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have recently just had this happen on my Asus G751JL-T7003H, it is 3 years old but have never had any problems with it. One day the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexanderCarrasco1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

Hello

I have recently just had this happen on my Asus G751JL-T7003H, it is 3 years old but have never had any problems with it.
    One day the laptop whilst starting to boot opened with a blue screen which says.

"Recovery.
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

The Signature for this device couldn't be verified.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Error Code: 0xc0000428 "

And some stuff about needed to reboot the windows with a USB.

The Laptop already came with Windows installed onto it, there has been no Bios updates that I am aware of and no chipset updates.
    The laptop is unable to go to the boot screen and only provides two options, recovery options of opening the Aptio Setup.

I am also unable to boot into safe mode.

Is there any solutions apart from completely reinstalling windows?

Thank you.

:)

AlexanderCarrasco1, Oct 10, 2018

2. Error code:0xc0000428. Operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified

the operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified

Moved from Insider

Original title: Error code:0xc0000428

Seif Tamer, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

1. Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428 - Similar Threads - Invalid Signature Error

2. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428: A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So, I decided to try and install windows 7 instead and while extracting the files from an ISO a few of the files encountered a...
  3. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428: A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So, I decided to try and install windows 7 instead and while extracting the files from an ISO a few of the files encountered a...
  4. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000428: Hi there when i start my pc it bluescreens and i get this message Your PC/Device needs to be repaired the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified. file: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000428 I currently am working for my computer and would...
  7. The digital signature could not be varified error 0xc0000428

The digital signature could not be varified error 0xc0000428: There was some malware in my pc so I wanted to clean my C drive & reinstall windows 10 so I downloaded the windows 10 may 2020 update iso in my flash drive then made it bootable... when I run windows setup the setup finishes & a countdown says your computer will restart then...
  8. Error code 0xc0000428

Error code 0xc0000428: I have made media tool on a usb but my pc wont even get past the error. I tried on a new pc and that still doesn't work. I even tried with a Windows 10 usb from Microsoft....
  9. Error Code 0xc0000428

Error Code 0xc0000428: I was downloading Minecraft mods thru the Twitch client, and my PC crashed, upon reboot, I am receiving a "Your PC needs to be repaired" message, with error code 0xc0000428. What I have tried: Originally, the error screen was giving me an option to enter recovery, but that...
  10. Error code 0xc0000428

Error code 0xc0000428: I have searched the community and no one is answering the issue I have. I powered down my computer Windows 10 Pro os with the most recent updates as of 11/22/18. When I returned home after 5 days I attempted to boot my computer and it gave me an error of "insert boot disc"...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x0000428 error status whilee opening some software

2. error code 0xc0000428 asus

3. asus error code0xc0000428