Windows 10: Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app

Discus and support Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update I have not been able to open any pictures on my laptop. Every time I try to open a picture I get the "Invalid value for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrankieDplus3, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app

Since the last update I have not been able to open any pictures on my laptop. Every time I try to open a picture I get the "Invalid value for registry" error message.

I also noticed that I no longer have the Microsoft Photos app on my machine. The Microsoft Store says I already "own" this app, but, I can't find it on my machine. I have downloaded the My Photos App, but, when I look at my Default settings for my photo viewer it has TWINUI listed and when try to change it to My Photos it doesn't change.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

FrankieDplus3, Jul 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

More: from Gunners File Type Editor:

Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app [​IMG]

and regedit

Have you tried viewing photos in a folder not in (e.g.) the Pictures folder?
    Have you tried the apps troubleshooter?
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps - Windows Help -

dalchina, Jul 23, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

Hi, understand.. can't directly point you to a specific registry entry, but this may be of interest for comparison- I used Nirsoft's FileTypesman. (The Userchoice field = AppX43hnxtbyyps62jhe9sqpdzxn1790zetc)

I'll assume you've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reregistering the app.

Can confirm jpg's open with Photo app.

Are you able to associate (e.g.) jpg's with any other program?
    Of course, it may not be an association related registry entry...

dalchina, Jul 23, 2019
  4. B_Dev Win User

Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app

Microsoft photos app not working - Invalid value of Registry

Thanks but it's not a proper solution, it's temporary workaround. I have to move all data + emails configurations + different settings hence it's a one of a tough job. For just one app ( photo app) I don't think so I have to go through such workaround.

On a separate note, I don't think so main account is corrupt, cause if so any other app/service has to be damaged or not working condition but it's not the case. So it's a issue with photo app only. Hence Microsoft has to find out proper solution for this
    problem. I guess I am not the only one who is suffering from this issue; there are number of people who is having same issue & waiting for a proper & simple solution.

Hence please suggest other solution.

Update:- I tried deleting registry key as suggested by kai on below mentioned thread, after playing with permission issue, I removed keys & re-install photo app & yup...it worked.

thread: Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry" JPEG

B_Dev, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app

1. Invalid valid for registry & No more Photos app - Similar Threads - Invalid valid registry

2. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  3. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  4. Invalid Value for registry -- SHORTCUTS, not photos!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid Value for registry -- SHORTCUTS, not photos!!!!: All of a sudden and without any obvious reason 3 of my shortcuts that are links to Web pages are getting this error. I have researched it and all the discussion/fixes refer to JPG files and the Photos app, which is irrelevant to my case. I have rebuilt the shortcuts; I even...
  5. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  6. Invalid value for registry & No more Photos app

Invalid value for registry & No more Photos app: Since the last update I have not been able to open any pictures on my laptop. Every time I try to open a picture I get the "Invalid value for registry" error message. I also noticed that I no longer have the Microsoft Photos app on my machine. The Microsoft Store says I...
  7. Photo - Invalid value for registry

Photo - Invalid value for registry: This morning my PC lost its ability to display photos, it come up with a message " Invalid value for registry " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-invalid-value-for-registry/2c097464-3444-43b7-8269-76b3e1a65183
  8. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  9. Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry": Apparently it is my turn: Photos app no longer launches (clicking on the icon does nothing; no error report in Event Log). Trying to double-click image files associated with Photos results in "Invalid Value for Registry" message box. No explanation as to for what value is...
  10. Invalid registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid registry: Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055