Windows 10: Invalid value for registry

Discus and support Invalid value for registry in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open any mp4 file on my Dell Precision 7510, it gives me an error saying Invalid value for registry. However, when I try to open said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorQuinlan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Invalid value for registry

Whenever I try to open any mp4 file on my Dell Precision 7510, it gives me an error saying Invalid value for registry. However, when I try to open said files with VLC media player instead of Movies & TV, it runs just fine. Bear in mind that the laptop I am using is issued by my high school, and I am limited with standard privileges.

However, I do have a theory that regedit or gpedit.msc was used by the administrators.

:)

ConnorQuinlan, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Invalid Value for Registry

Hi,

To troubleshoot this concern, please check out the answer of KaiHenry14 from this link:

Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry" JPEG.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Feb 12, 2019
  3. invalid value for registry

Try to open a jpeg file and get the following error message, (invalid value for registry.

JohnRuscitelli, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Invalid value for registry

'invalid value for registry'

My pictures will not open. It says 'invalid value for registry'. What is wrong, and how can it be fixed?

JulieMartin1, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Invalid value for registry

1. Invalid value for registry - Similar Threads - Invalid value registry

2. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invalid value for registry: Please tell me why I can not view photos all it says is "invalid value for registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/9d9ae171-88f0-461c-afe1-2df866f2c3fa
  3. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...
  4. Groove Music not working after 1809 Update, invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Groove Music not working after 1809 Update, invalid value for registry.: After my 1st generation Surface Pro successfully upgraded to 1809, I did an update to 1809 via USB stick that I created via the Media Creation tool on my main desktop PC yesterday. However, when I try to play my music on my desktop, Groove won't start at all. Not even...
  5. Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry): I cannot open any of the pictures on my computer, because I get "Invalid Value for Registry" errors. I dont know how fix this problem. Tried the to reset the photo program, didnt work. found a solution here with doing something in the regedit, didnt work. (the solution are...
  6. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry: For the past few days I haven't been able to open any pictures using the Photos APP. I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I've run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow twice - before and after deleting and reinstalling the APP - and found no...
  7. "Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10

"Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10: [img] [img] help I had a virus and was forced to do a system restore to 5/august/2015 and when I tried to open .jpg file and "Invalid value for registry" happened I tried some fixes in PowerShell and Photos app and Store app weren't invisible anymore but had this...
  8. Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry": Apparently it is my turn: Photos app no longer launches (clicking on the icon does nothing; no error report in Event Log). Trying to double-click image files associated with Photos results in "Invalid Value for Registry" message box. No explanation as to for what value is...
  9. Invalid registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid registry: Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055
  10. Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG: My Windows 10 won't open JPEGs. I get the error message "Invalid Value for Registry" whenever I attempt to open JPEGs. I have tried virtually every procedure/suggestion to be found with recourse to the google search engine, but thus far I have had no success. Does anyone here...