Windows 10: Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

Discus and support Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris1224, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Chris1224 Win User

Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the "Change Product Key" dialog under Control Panel's Activation dialog, I got an error code 0x80070490.I called Microsoft, and was told that the activation key I was sold is an MSDN key and therefore is not valid for the upgrade.So I decided I'd purchase a legitimate upgrade, and in the Activation dialog tried using the "Upgrade in the Microsoft App" option. Unfortunately, it appears that either my computer or Windows "remembers" that I've

:)

Chris1224, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Andreba57 Win User

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use (actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro key I bought online back when Win8 was launched).

I was wondering if I could use one of these Win8 Pro Keys (the digital one looks a better choice, since my laptop doesn't have a DVD reader) to upgrade my current Win11 Home install to Win11 Pro.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andreba57, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Andreba57 Win User
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

Hi. thanks for your quick answer!

Sorry for not having been clear enough. I don't need to upgrade my copy of Windows from Win8 to Win11, because I already have Win11 up, running and activated (the laptop originally came with Win10 and updated to Win11 without issues).

What I would like to do instead is to upgrade my current copy of Windows from Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro using the Win 8 Pro key I bought in 2013.

PS In the mean time I found a post here on how to do the same thing with Windows 10, hopefully it also applies to Win11 but I'd still run a sanity check before breaking anything, including the EULA Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo? ;)

Redirecting

Andreba57, Mar 2, 2024
  4. lelieee Win User

Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?

I have a win11 home activated with a digital license connected to my ms account. Will the license still be available after upgrade to win11 pro?

lelieee, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

1. Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo? - Similar Threads - Invalid Win11 Pro

2. Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Win11 Pro upgrade key - how to undo?: Well, it looks like I got scammed.I purchased a key to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to change the product key through the "Change Product Key" dialog under Control Panel's Activation dialog, I got an error code 0x80070490.I called Microsoft, and...
  3. Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?: I have a win11 home activated with a digital license connected to my ms account. Will the license still be available after upgrade to win11 pro?...
  4. Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the win11 home key keept after upgrade to win11 pro?: I have a win11 home activated with a digital license connected to my ms account. Will the license still be available after upgrade to win11 pro?...
  5. Upgrading to Win11 with Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win11 with Pro: I'm currently running Windows 10, and I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 11.Since being on 10 I bought & installed Pro so what happens with that? Is it something I can download again on Win11 or do I get 11 Pro?...
  6. Upgrading to Win11 with Pro

Upgrading to Win11 with Pro: I'm currently running Windows 10, and I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 11.Since being on 10 I bought & installed Pro so what happens with that? Is it something I can download again on Win11 or do I get 11 Pro?...
  7. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?: As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro key I bought online back when Win8 was launched. I was wondering if I could use one of these Win8 Pro Keys the digital one...
  8. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?

Upgrade from Win11 Home to Win11 Pro with a unused Win8 Pro Key?: As the subject says. I found two old Win 8 Pro keys that I never got around to use actually one is on a physical Win8 DVD and the other is a Win 8 Pro key I bought online back when Win8 was launched. I was wondering if I could use one of these Win8 Pro Keys the digital one...
  9. win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong: Bought a new computer with win11 home installed. I then went to the microsoft store app and bought the win11 pro upgrade. click the install button sat back while it did its thing and when the system came back after restart I had win 11 enterpise installed and a activate...
  10. Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro: I purchased a PC from Dell in December of 2020, and recently upgraded from WIndows 10 to Windows 10 Enterprise using the link provided by Microsoft that was processed through the store. There were no third party vendors, and I did not receive an updated key from Microsoft....