Windows 10: Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search

Discus and support Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was using my pc normally and when I typed anything and clicked search, it opened in a new window. I then realized that my pc would show capital... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rikinladwa, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search

I was using my pc normally and when I typed anything and clicked search, it opened in a new window. I then realized that my pc would show capital letters when caps lock was off, and lower case when caps lock was on. In addition, my scroll wheel would scroll horizontally when I used it, and my left click and right click were inverted.

I restarted my pc and it fixed it, but I just want to make sure there's nothing else harming my computer in the background.. task manager seems fine and windows defender full scan didn't detect anything.. am I safe? Windows scanner didnt detect anything before I restarted either, so I'm not exactly sure what to do

Update: Sophos Home premium trial antivirus said theres no virus either... am I probably safe?

:)

rikinladwa, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

I don't think the problems are software related.
    Old mouses can begin double clicking as consequence of contacts oxidation or weak coil.
    Membrane keyboard can also have double key as consequence of membrane failing to act as a coil.

Try a new mouse and keyboard.

Megahertz, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Mouse acting weird

After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes.

I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue.

AaronBrowning, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search

Mouse acts as a controller

Pull the mouse driver, if it continues replace the mouse

eidairaman1, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search

1. Inverted mouse, keyboard acting weird, chrome opening new windows on every search - Similar Threads - Inverted mouse keyboard

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Keyboard is acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  7. Keyboard is acting weird.

Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  8. Mouse and keyboard acting weird

Mouse and keyboard acting weird: So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my mouse and keyboard were switching on and off uncontrollably. I tried a spare mouse that I had, but there was the same...
  9. Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently: About a year ago, I had a mouse that started double clicking occasionally. Ignored it for a long time, despite it continuously doing it. Fairly close to that same time period, my keyboard also began to occasionally double key press. I've set my keyboard settings so that it...
  10. Mouse acting weird

Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....