Windows 10: “Investigate router or access point issues”

Discus and support “Investigate router or access point issues” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First things first here is my hardware and software I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1909 through bootcamp on my 15 inch macbook pro with 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by user1010101, May 3, 2020.

1. “Investigate router or access point issues”

First things first here is my hardware and software

I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1909 through bootcamp on my 15 inch macbook pro with 64-bit OS. 15.9/16 gb ram available and intel coretm i7-7700hq cpu 2.8 ghz

for about a week now I have been struggling with internet connectivity and have found no solution. My windows partition will connect to the wifi, but not the internet. It also will not connect to my surface arc mouse through bluethoothprompts “try connecting your device again”. I have tried restarting the router/computer multiple times, and when I switch to mac OS the macbook connects to the internet flawlessly. The wifi network provides internet to any device that is not my macbook running windows. The windows partition does connect to the internet occasionally after troubleshooting, but it is faaaaar slower than normal and this lasts less than five minutes until it loses internet completely again. When I run the network adapter troubleshooter it says “investigate router or access point issue” or “problem with wireless adapter or access point” and suggests that I restart the routerwhich doesn’t work. Many solutions online tell me to update my drivers, but they are all evidently up to date, along with the rest of the OS. I have “forgotten” all the wifi networks my computer knew and reconnected, which also did not work. I reset the internet protocol using the

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

in command prompt while running as an administrator. This also did not fix the problem. I have performed a clean boot, which did also not solve the issue. When i run the network troubleshooter it often gives me the same problems as the network adapter troubleshooter. Sometimes it “fixes” the problem, but that never does any more than gives me 3 minutes of unusably terrible connection.

this happens on both my 2g and 5g wifi networks

:)

user1010101, May 3, 2020

2. Routers as access points with ports, weird situation??

Ok now that I got you're attention. Anyone have ever used/know if when a router's "access point mode" is enabled, do the LAN ports get disabled?

Here's why I ask, I got an Xbox and a PS2 currently in my man cave of a basement wanting to give them access to my network. With currently living in an apartment building not really allowed to drill a hole to go wired router with them. I figured if I can get a wireless router down there as an access point for ad-hoc onto my current network it would work perfectly.

My current wireless router is right above the space where I need access. Any thoughts/suggestion/ideas? Thanks in advance! *Smile “Investigate router or access point issues” :)

EDIT:

Found out that I may need a WDS Bridging supported router, any ideas?

JrRacinFan, May 3, 2020
  3. Routers as access points with ports, weird situation??

I find using a wired access point router is best

I bought a cheaper Trendnet Wireless router from Newegg for only $19.99 and I run that via a Cat 6 cable through the wall connected to my main Belkin N+ wireless router downstairs connected to the cable modem. It fills in the gaps and even though it is only running in G mode and only has 100mbps ports it keeps my Steam downloads running fast from very long distances and very stable connections since once it gets to the router it is converted to a wired connection and it is like your main router is actually much closer to your computer and connected via a wired connection. The Trendnet connection makes the farther PCs from the main router have an absolutely lag free connection.

The great thing about running a single network cable from the main router connected to the web and the access point is that it can be done with just about any router and you don't need to pay extra for a wireless bridge which cost way more than my router used as an access point. Depending on your internet service you may not even need more than G speed anyway for your access point so good luck and have fun figuring this out.

Robert-The-Rambler, May 3, 2020
  4. CUSACKOTG Win User

“Investigate router or access point issues”

access point from company router

Hello,

I wish to run an ethernet line from our router (which has an extra IP address i have been using on my MAC G3 notebook) to an access point on the 5th level of our building. The router is on the second level. Is it possible for my MAC to detect the access point and configure it using the IP address I usually use? My colleagues and I want to receive the wireless signal from the access point between levels 2- 5 (max distance 4om) but we are not sure how to configure the access point. Hopefully when we plug it into the (non-wireless router) via ethernet , my MAC will be able to detect it and then we can configure it..????

We intend to buy an apple AirPort Extreme base station wireless access point- it will run off the non wireless: ezxs16w linksys router.

Cheers in advance for any help- we don't really have a clue about basic networking...

Josh

CUSACKOTG, May 3, 2020
Thema:

“Investigate router or access point issues”

1. “Investigate router or access point issues” - Similar Threads - “Investigate router access

2. How do you rectify A router/access point channel conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you rectify A router/access point channel conflict: My epson wireless printer will not print/scan. I can print from another device When I print check network connection everything seems to be ok but A router/access point channel; conflict has been detected.I did set up a mesh system which might explain this but I have...
  3. How do you rectify A router/access point channel conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you rectify A router/access point channel conflict: My epson wireless printer will not print/scan. I can print from another device When I print check network connection everything seems to be ok but A router/access point channel; conflict has been detected.I did set up a mesh system which might explain this but I have...
  4. How do you rectify A router/access point channel conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet - Unidentified Network, No Internet Investigate router or broadband modem issues?: As the Title suggests I am having issues with my ethernet connection. My ethernet will randomly disconnect itself from the internet. When I unplug the ethernet and plug it back in it tells me that the network is unidentified and there's no internet. Sometimes when I plug it...
  6. wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?: It is very difficult for you to tell the difference between a wireless access point and a router because they share a number of features.Herewe have tried to explain exactly the difference between these two devices and provide you with a comparison of wireless access points...
  7. Router/access point conflict

Router/access point conflict: Message for both my Epson WF 4630 and Epson Artisan 730: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network environment...
  8. A router/access point channel conflict has been detected

A router/access point channel conflict has been detected: I can not print from my PC computer to my air printer. I get the following error “ A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network environment “. My router/modem is in the same room as...
  9. router access point conflict with epson ET4550

router access point conflict with epson ET4550: My computer prints wirelessly to the printer. When I try to scan a document it says it cannot connect. I can send a scn from my printer to the computer. I have printed the network connection check from the printer and it sas there is a conflict. My hub is BT hub6 I...
  10. router/access point channel conflict with Epson printer

router/access point channel conflict with Epson printer: when I put my server code in - 192, etc. it asks for my user name and password but says it isn't a secure site. So should I proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/routeraccess-point-channel-conflict-with-epson/4f0513eb-3ff5-41cd-820a-0c799f672049

Users found this page by searching for:

1. investigate router or access point issues

2. access point issues windows 10