Windows 10: Invididual application volume levels change on their own

Discus and support Invididual application volume levels change on their own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ghhgrrrr, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ghhgrrrr Win User

Invididual application volume levels change on their own

While using my computer, I can go days at a time without having to deal with this issue, which is what makes it even more frustrating when it does happen, as I don't know the cause.

To begin, I'm on Windows 10, and while using my computer, I'll go to play music via Spotify, play a YouTube video in Chrome, or have a discussion with someone in Discord. Where everything was fine the last few times I'll have done these activities, every so often, the volume levels seem to have dropped dramatically. I'll right-click my volume icon in the taskbar, click on "Open Sound Settings", and then click on the option for "App volume and device preferences". Under here, there is the option to have application specific volume levels, and even though I'm constantly maxing them all out to 100%, somehow, they will have been lowered to like 10-20%. The frustrating part, is that it's not all of the applications. Just 1 or 2 out of the list, again, usually Chrome, Discord, Spotify, for my iCUE software for my Corsair headset.

Steps I've taken to resolve this are making sure that each of these application are all up to date, making sure my device drivers are all up to date, going in to my "Sounds", going to the "Communications" tab, and making sure to check the "Do nothing" option under the option for "When Windows detects communications activity:". None of this seems to help, and as I stated previously, I haven't been able to find any kind of commonality between when it happens.

I thought I had found an article relating the issue to Discord, but it was just referencing the "Do nothing" option I mentioned above. It did also make mention of Attentuation in Discord itself, but I have that feature disabled.

Is there something else I'm missing, or a way to disable application specific volume levels so that I can just have 1 master volume control? That' pretty much what I do anyways, as I max out all my application volumes.

Thanks

:)

ghhgrrrr, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Jmarco0921 Win User

No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Microsoft has changed level for volume to show on "horizontal level" not vertical. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear. Right click on speaker icon will give you access to "open volume mixer"

You might use "SFC /scannow" in command prompt-admin

open command prompt-admim, type "SFC /scannow" enter

after it finishes.

restart pc (this step is important....since fixes occur after restart)

Jmarco0921, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Kiran Kishore Win User
    No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 8, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Change volume level of .mp3?

I recorded the Trigun theme to use for Alien Swarm's feature where you can add your own music for heavy action rather than using the in-game music, but it's not loud enough compared to my other music. I need to boost the volume level of it somehow. I already recorded it at 100% volume, so that's out of the question.

Thema:

1. Invididual application volume levels change on their own - Similar Threads - Invididual application volume

2. Transparency level change at taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency level change at taskbar?: Hello. I found this guide to transparency percent change for ALT-TAB Adjust ALT+TAB Grid Background Transparency Percent in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials But I can't find anything to change the transparency percent level for taskbar and START-menu. How to change this?...
  3. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube: Hello I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on Youtube videos is lower than with other browsers ( Chrome. for example). I've gone in to the volume mixer and raised the...
  4. low max volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351
  5. Recalibrate Volume Level

Recalibrate Volume Level: My Dell has always had an extremely high volume level with the volume meter at only 50%. When I'm listening to Pandora, I have to keep the Windows volume control at 25-30% and the Pandora volume control at 25-30%. Is there a way to reset/recalibrate the control so that the...
  6. Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver

Sometimes can't change volume level on Bluetooth speak audio receiver: Sometimes the volume control stops working for my Bluetooth audio receiver (which identifies as a Roxa Plus). I have tried switching to another audio device and then switching back, but this doesn't help. Disconnecting the bluetooth device and reconnecting it gets the volume...
  7. Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume: Hey all, First time poster. Be gentle :) I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of whatever the Device volume is set to. Example: If I set the Device volume to 30%, the specific Application will be stuck at...
  8. Remember volume level per program?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember volume level per program?: Ear trumpet comes close but is there anything that can remember volume level per application? 51913
  9. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In: [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it. Is it at all possible to do this?...
  10. Hotkey for changing scaling level?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey for changing scaling level?: Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs. Any chance of this happening? 66511