Windows 10: Invisible app on task bar

Discus and support Invisible app on task bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roystongilbert, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Invisible app on task bar

After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please.

:)

roystongilbert, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Apps are Invisible in the Task Bar

Hello Lumumba,

We appreciate the details that you've provided. Based on your description, some application icons are still missing after resetting the icon cache. This is most likely a corrupted system file issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following
    questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes on your Windows 10 prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have another user account? Are you also experiencing the same issue on another user account?
    • Have you tried pinning the applications on the task bar? Are they still invisible? If not, are they still visible after a reboot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that pin some applications on the task bar and proceed to

safe mode
    . Please verify if there will be any changes or if the task bar icons will still be visible.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Nov 18, 2021
  3. I have no windows store and invisible apps on my task bar.

Since updating to the creators update 5 days ago I no longer have a windows store. Also several apps pinned to my task bar are invisible(they also are not in the all apps list) , hold the cursor over the missing app and it shows the name of the app , click
    on it and it opens the app. Now that there is no store to download them from, if I unpin them they disappear for good as does resetting the apps . Videos tend to spend their first 5 secs or so as black.

So I appear to have received a faulty update , how do I get this fixed.

RaeleneRegent, Nov 18, 2021
  4. Invisible app on task bar

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

Invisible app on task bar

1. Invisible app on task bar - Similar Threads - Invisible app task

2. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  3. Invisible programs in task bar upon startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible programs in task bar upon startup: Recently, I noticed the OneDrive folder icon appearing in my task bar for a split second when I start up my computer. The cursor also shows the "loading" circle around 10 times for the first few seconds after my computer is turned on. Nothing in the startups tab in task...
  4. Invisible programs in task bar upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible programs in task bar upon startup: Recently, I noticed the OneDrive folder icon appearing in my task bar for a split second when I start up my computer. The cursor also shows the "loading" circle around 10 times for the first few seconds after my computer is turned on. Nothing in the startups tab in task...
  5. Invisible programs in task bar upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  7. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  8. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  9. some task bar icons are invisibles

some task bar icons are invisibles: some of the icons disappear only after pinned to the task bar like: settings icon; calender; alarm; sticky notes and others..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/some-task-bar-icons-are-invisibles/5940202c-c44a-416f-a7b0-9a1e4e09f667
  10. Icons on the task bar are invisible

Icons on the task bar are invisible: Hi, I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on the taskbar" problem. Why can't Microsoft fix this problem, which was never there in any of the previous Windows versions, is...