Windows 10: Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder

Discus and support Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This question was generated by a post on the Macrium Support Forum but I thought seeing how there are many more items in this "invisible" C:\boot menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer712, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Homer712 Win User

Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder

This question was generated by a post on the Macrium Support Forum but I thought seeing how there are many more items in this "invisible" C:\boot menu item I'd post it here and possibly find the answer to my question as to why it doesn't show up unless I specifically do a search in Explorer for "boot." Link to the original Macrium Support Forum question is here:What/Where Is this: "C:\boot\macrium" Folder?

:)

Homer712, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Jun 9, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder - Similar Threads - Invisible BootMacrium Folder

2. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  4. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  5. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  6. Invisible Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Folder Icons: For some reason, some of my icons are just straight up invisible. Not even showing the default white paper icon, just invisible. The first file is a folder and the other is an access databaseThese two are on my desktop and no matter what I do they just stay invisible, even if...
  7. Invisible Folder Icons

Invisible Folder Icons: For some reason, some of my icons are just straight up invisible. Not even showing the default white paper icon, just invisible. The first file is a folder and the other is an access databaseThese two are on my desktop and no matter what I do they just stay invisible, even if...
  8. Invisible Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Invisible "C:\Boot\Macrium" Folder: This question was generated by a post on the Macrium Support Forum but I thought seeing how there are many more items in this "invisible" C:\boot menu item I'd post it here and possibly find the answer to my question as to why it doesn't show up unless I specifically do a...
  10. Invisible folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible folder: I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:. Then I opened it here in my Win 10 Pro PC. The subfolder L:\Electronics i7\Arduino, clearly exists, and I can open its files. But its parent does not display...