Windows 10: Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives

Discus and support Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please look at picture below to understand the problem which began at W10 V1909 Build 18363.836 The example data show hidden data which will only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RoadBlaster, May 19, 2020.

1. Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives

Please look at picture below to understand the problem which began at W10 V1909 Build 18363.836

The example data show hidden data which will only clear once restarted.

The main problem I have is when downloading GTAV which is a 90GB file to a 120gb ssd, every 25GB downloaded is all I can do without a full restart to clear the invisible data (what is it ?), so in total thats 3 restarts to load GTAV about 33mins - restarts.

On a 240GB ssd the problem is still there as the whole disk shows as full of data & a restart brings it back down to 90GB of data.

Is there a something I have missed in settings for the last year or is a it a fault which only Microsoft will cure ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives [​IMG]

:)

RoadBlaster, May 19, 2020
  2. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, May 19, 2020
  3. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it (second image). Could someone kindly suggest what could be taking up 480gb of space—and why it is invisible to WinDirStat. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Slow Processor, May 19, 2020
  4. Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives

1. Invisible Data When Writing Data To Any Of My Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Invisible Data Writing

2. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  3. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  4. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will leaving a portable hard drive plugged into my laptop corrupt any data??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will leaving a portable hard drive plugged into my laptop corrupt any data??: I have a Alienware m15 and am thinking of resetting windows to factory defaults, but will leaving a portable hard drive damage anything? When windows boots up will it just be normally plugged in? Should I leave it in while it is resetting or safety eject it? Does my hard...
  6. Lost 68 of data on hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost 68 of data on hard drive: Can anyone help me on this issue? I suddenly lost 68 gb of data. Multiple folders and files dissappeared. Randomly. There is no clue. Some subfolders can still be there, while others are completely gone with all the content in it... submitted by /u/MrMelomaan [link]...
  7. Hard Drive Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Data Recovery: I have an old hard drive that I cannot access. When I plug it in I can feel that it is spinning on the inside but it will not show up in the file explorer. Is there any way that I can fix it so that I can access the files on the hard drive? Or any way I can recover the data?...
  8. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  9. Hard drive Data Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive Data Recovery: Hii i have dell inspiron 5570 laptop with optane memory feature. Few days back my laptop is not booting up it says an error regarding to hard drive. So my question is can i get my laptop hard drive data which is 64 bit OS format in 32 bit OS system...
  10. Data Hard Drive in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080