Windows 10: Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden

Discus and support Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All - I'm using some 3rd party software that creates a number of files/folders into my destination directory. But the files/folders are invisible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkGrimminck, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden

Hi All - I'm using some 3rd party software that creates a number of files/folders into my destination directory. But the files/folders are invisible for all applications except the 3rd party software. I've checked that "hidden files" are visible view options in explorer - show hidden files/folders. I've checked from the command shell also using "dir \ah" to view hidden files. I've used other 3rd party explorer programs FreeCommander XE to view the files in the directory but every single thing I try shows the folder which is currently c:\temp is completely empty. When I use the software Colmap and go to import a file, the windows open dialog comes up and the same directory is populated with various files and folders - which i'm trying to see with another bit of software MeshLab.

What I also have tried is right clicking on the file through colmap open dialog and open with Notepad++ and then save it somewhere else. It's still not there in windows explorer!!!! And I can't open it from Notepad++ if I didn't open it through the dialog, and I can't cut an paste from one to the other.

Regardless of these bits of software, I do not understand why the files, which exist and are non-zero in file size, cannot be viewed by windows or anything else for that matter.

Arrrggghhh!!!!!

:)

MarkGrimminck, Apr 19, 2020
  2. MySQLGeek Win User
    MySQLGeek, Apr 19, 2020
  3. N73 3rd Party Software

what's that 3rd party software? you will need also a 3rd party file explorer that can edit/delete files in your phone, because the buit-in file explorer have limited function!

android---01, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden

3rd party software

What 3rd party software do you get?

Laura

Laura Rooke, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden

1. Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden - Similar Threads - Invisible files 3rd

2. Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software: hello I recently bought a hp printer and I need to make an update on the 3rd party/ software but my pc is not allowing me to update or install it. Can you please help ?thanks Marcus....
  3. Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software: hello I recently bought a hp printer and I need to make an update on the 3rd party/ software but my pc is not allowing me to update or install it. Can you please help ?thanks Marcus....
  4. 3rd party software recommendations please

3rd party software recommendations please: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need 3rd party software to move the space to the c drive. Looking for recommendations from the software users, not developers or employees of software houses thanks....
  5. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  6. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  7. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  8. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  9. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...