Windows 10: Invisible folder

Discus and support Invisible folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:. Then I opened it here in my Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Terrypin Win User

Invisible folder

I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:.

Then I opened it here in my Win 10 Pro PC. The subfolder L:\Electronics i7\Arduino, clearly exists, and I can open its files. But its parent does not display it! I've opened and closed and tried various views with the same baffling result. And searches with any tool for any file within it always correctly locates it. But the Electronics folder will just not show it.

Invisible folder [​IMG]

Terry

:)

Terrypin, Nov 25, 2019

2. Can't create an invisible folder

Invisible folder 36dab9ed-81fa-4ffc-80dc-22a766051d4f.png

I wanted to create an invisible folder, but if I select any of 4 invisible icons it creates a folder with a black square icon.

Any idea how to fix it?

Александр Цветков, Nov 25, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Invisible folder

Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Invisible folder

1. Invisible folder - Similar Threads - Invisible folder

2. My icon tray contains an invisible icon that can be dragged around but clicking it does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My icon tray contains an invisible icon that can be dragged around but clicking it does...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Guomindang [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8529n/my_icon_tray_contains_an_invisible_icon_that_can/
  3. The Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar is invisible

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar is invisible: Yesterday, I launched my computer and saw that the Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar was invisible. I managed to fix it by unpinning it and then pinning it again, but today it was gone again. I can still move it around, and launch Microsoft Word by clicking it, I just can't...
  4. Windows 10 Context Menu Has "Open" Invisible But Available

Windows 10 Context Menu Has "Open" Invisible But Available: Well, it's best if you just take a look at the picture: [ATTACH] "Open" option is still very much working, but annoying me with its invisibility. Thoughts on fixing that? Thanks!...
  5. Programs in Windows 10 (from Task Manager to Microsoft Powerpoint) will be open but invisible.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs in Windows 10 (from Task Manager to Microsoft Powerpoint) will be open but invisible.: Hello, I've been dealing with an issue that has pervaded my computer for months now - I will open up a program whether it be Steam or Task Manager or Powerpoint or whatever, and it will open but the window itself will be invisible and cannot be interacted with, other than...
  6. Additional Windows installation on invisible volume

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional Windows installation on invisible volume: Hi all Having a really odd problem. Earlier today I plugged a case fan in and in doing so somehow managed to make my computer not boot (no really). Kept getting error 0xc000000f - A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. I have no idea what caused this, I...
  7. One font is invisible to several applications

One font is invisible to several applications: I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office. However it is not accessible in either Affinity Photo or Inkscape. How can I make the font visible to all my applications?...
  8. 30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible: In Windows device manager the make and model of the hard drive is visible , and I've uninstalled and installed it there and tried updating the drivers , but Windows Explorer file manager can't see it. Neither can it be seen from a boot into Paragon disk management CD. A...
  9. invisible icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invisible icons: why has recent update made 'shaded' icons invisible? can I get them back to being shaded? This is also affecting open office files, I have many spread sheets where now the cell boarders are invisible making them very difficult to use. will I have to go through each one...
  10. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?: Hey, I have been trying to make a desktop folder invisible. I have had invisible folders since XP... On Windows 10 I have an issue of the 'blank icon' being black on my desktop. I just don't get it.. I have tried clearing my thumbnail cache, all the 'blank icon' options,...