Windows 10: Invisible folder

Discus and support Invisible folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:. Then I opened it here in my Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Terrypin Win User

Invisible folder

I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:.

Then I opened it here in my Win 10 Pro PC. The subfolder L:\Electronics i7\Arduino, clearly exists, and I can open its files. But its parent does not display it! I've opened and closed and tried various views with the same baffling result. And searches with any tool for any file within it always correctly locates it. But the Electronics folder will just not show it.

Invisible folder [​IMG]

Terry

:)

Terrypin, Nov 25, 2019

2. Can't create an invisible folder

Invisible folder 36dab9ed-81fa-4ffc-80dc-22a766051d4f.png

I wanted to create an invisible folder, but if I select any of 4 invisible icons it creates a folder with a black square icon.

Any idea how to fix it?

Александр Цветков, Nov 25, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Invisible folder

Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Invisible folder

1. Invisible folder - Similar Threads - Invisible folder

2. I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...: I restarted the computer and now it's like this. I can't see the images and the files only show their names https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-folder-icons-only-their-names-in/6b6f22ea-5ccc-40fd-a7c6-cf2d43f43188
  3. I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...: I restarted the computer and now it's like this. I can't see the images and the files only show their names https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-folder-icons-only-their-names-in/6b6f22ea-5ccc-40fd-a7c6-cf2d43f43188
  4. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  5. Folders are invisible now...

Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  6. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  7. File History files/folders invisible

File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  8. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  10. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...