Windows 10: invisible icons

Discus and support invisible icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why has recent update made 'shaded' icons invisible? can I get them back to being shaded? This is also affecting open office files, I have many spread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PutPancake28765, Aug 8, 2019.

1. invisible icons

why has recent update made 'shaded' icons invisible? can I get them back to being shaded?

This is also affecting open office files, I have many spread sheets where now the cell boarders are invisible making them very difficult to use. will I have to go through each one individually and add boarders or can this be corrected somewhere in settings.

Same thing with internet explorer.

:)

PutPancake28765, Aug 8, 2019

2. invisible icons

Some icons on my taskbar are invisible. I've deleted the icon*.db files to no avail. What do I do next?

David Knoebel, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very frustrating so would appreciate any help.

AnniBanani, Aug 8, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

invisible icons

invisible icons

This is probably a dumb question, I know, but I gotta ask: If the icons are invisible, how do you know they're there?

S_and_S, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

invisible icons

1. invisible icons - Similar Threads - invisible icons

2. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  3. Invisible icon on taskbar

Invisible icon on taskbar: On my taskbar is one invisible icon and I can't figure out where it comes from. [ATTACH] Clicking on it (no matter if I press left or right mouse button) wont show anything. Also hovering with the mouse courser over the "icon" to get a tool tip isn't working. Is there...
  4. invisible icons

invisible icons: Some icons on my taskbar are invisible. I've deleted the icon*.db files to no avail. What do I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invisible-icons/2e8adce2-9199-4799-b451-9805823fb2ca
  5. Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar: HI Guys My Windows 10 Calculator icon is invisible on Taskbar. I have tried clearing my Icon Cache in App Data but makes no difference. If i click it the Calc works but no icon showing me it is there. ANy ideas how to fix please? 130371
  6. Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar: HI Guys My Windows 10 Calculator icon is invisible on Taskbar. I have tried clearing my Icon Cache in App Data but makes no difference. If i click it the Calc works but no icon showing me it is there. ANy ideas how to fix please? 130371
  7. I have an Invisible Twitch icon on my Taskbar

I have an Invisible Twitch icon on my Taskbar: My taskbar is being haunted by an older version of Twitch, that will not go away. Despite the fact that I tried uninstalling and it does not have an option to unpin, nor can I even pin it again! [ATTACH]Please help I have searched how to fix this and it will not work...
  8. (FIXED) Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible

(FIXED) Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible: So I was using my new Acer computer when I try to delete amazon off my task-bar. It does it but when I open a new application on my computer that is not on my task bar it comes up one space ahead instead. I right click the blank space and it opens the right click menu for...
  9. Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible

Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible: So I was using my new Acer computer when I try to delete amazon off my task-bar. It does it but when I open a new application on my computer that is not on my task bar it comes up one space ahead instead. I right click the blank space and it opens the right click menu for...
  10. Invisible, old Hulu icon still on Taskbar

Invisible, old Hulu icon still on Taskbar: Hello. So, I noticed a couple of days ago that Hulu was updated and has a new, updated icon which I had to re-pin to my taskbar. However, the old taskbar icon for it remains - invisible and stuck with only the option to "pin to taskbar" that cannot be removed. Is there...