Windows 10: Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

Discus and support Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Menubar buttons in the Windows 11 File Explorer is not visible. The entire Menubar is inactive as well. It will be really helpful if someone in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Somraj Dasgupta, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

The Menubar buttons in the Windows 11 File Explorer is not visible. The entire Menubar is inactive as well. It will be really helpful if someone in this community can advise me about a solution to this malfunction.

:)

Somraj Dasgupta, Sep 27, 2022
  2. justinmreina, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu File Explorer button error "Windows cannot access the specified device ..."

Hi All,

I have a strange error with windows start menu today! Please check the attached two images:

Notes (before reproducing steps):

• My laptop is up without restart for 11 days till now, I am a software engineer.
    • I have ended the explorer processes and relaunched it from the task manager.
    • File Explorer button in the start menu opens "This PC".
    • I can open the Explorer normally by
      • Menu Button + E
      • File Explorer pinned to the taskbar

• I can't open the File Explorer by Start Menu > File Explorer Button

• I don't want to restart, I have a lot of work on other desktops, restart solves this problem. Obviously, it is a bug.

Steps to reproduce the error:

• open the start menu
    • click on file explorer button
      • an error message appears with "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Step 1:

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer fad2ccec-0d7c-4272-9c89-08b9eb0f0083?upload=true.png

Step 2 & result:

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer 06f0a347-02ec-4462-acd2-2d5f32d5199d?upload=true.png

Steps were taken trying to resolve the issue:

• I tried to restart the explorer process from task manager, but with no success.
    • I tried to replace the shortcut the file explorer button points at, but still with no hope.
    • I checked the permissions of the "explorer.exe" process in "Windows" folder, and I have the correct permissions. I even tried to double click the file "explorer.exe" and it normally opened the explorer without a problem!

I guess it is a problem with the File Explorer button itself in the start menu (A GUI problem), maybe a corrupted registry key!

Software and Hardware Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.309

Dell Inspiron 7559

Quad Cores i5 2.3 GHz

8 GB Ram

Thank you very much.

ahmedhamdy90, Sep 27, 2022
  4. JJG10 Win User

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

Add a button to the address bar.

I would like to add the Zoom button to my new Edge address bar. Have found the following how to do it on the web but they don't work like the instructions say.

How to manage the address bar buttons on Microsoft Edge

To customize the buttons that appear next to the address bar, use these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click the Settings and more menu button on the top-right corner. (I assume that is the three dots in a row)
    3. Select the Show in toolbar sub-menu. (Don't see 'Show in toobar)
    4. Click the action button that you want to add or remove from the toolbar.

Thanks for any help.

Almost forgot, W10 ver 1909.

JJG10, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

1. Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Invisible Menu Bar

2. Windows 11 File Explorer address and menu bars invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer address and menu bars invisible: Suddenly on one of my Windows 11 Pro systems at home the address bar and menu bar became invisible. They were there and responded to mouse clicks and I could type in the address bar. But they are invisible. The problem existed whether signed in to the console session or an...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer address and menu bars invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer address and menu bars invisible: Suddenly on one of my Windows 11 Pro systems at home the address bar and menu bar became invisible. They were there and responded to mouse clicks and I could type in the address bar. But they are invisible. The problem existed whether signed in to the console session or an...
  4. File Explorer Invisible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Invisible?: I've had this issue for about a month or two, Whenever I hover my mouse over file explorerthe icon I can see the window as in this Image but when I go hover my mouse over the window it's completely invisible, And when I go to click on file explorer or the window itself it's...
  5. File Explorer Invisible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Invisible?: I've had this issue for about a month or two, Whenever I hover my mouse over file explorerthe icon I can see the window as in this Image but when I go hover my mouse over the window it's completely invisible, And when I go to click on file explorer or the window itself it's...
  6. File Explorer Invisible?

7. Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer

Invisible Menu Bar buttons in Windows 11 File Explorer: The Menubar buttons in the Windows 11 File Explorer is not visible. The entire Menubar is inactive as well. It will be really helpful if someone in this community can advise me about a solution to this malfunction....
  8. How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?: This menu bar appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Can anyone help me out to get rid of it. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-menu-bar-from-windows-11-file/c16dceeb-7691-45a8-a5ee-7ff5db159162
  9. How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?

How to Remove Menu bar from Windows 11 File Explorer?: This menu bar appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Can anyone help me out to get rid of it. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-menu-bar-from-windows-11-file/c16dceeb-7691-45a8-a5ee-7ff5db159162
  10. Menu bar missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menu bar missing in file explorer: i installed skin theme for windows, after i uninstall skin theme , i was found that missing tool bar in file explorer.Help to advise how to replace to old explorer. [ATTACH]...