Windows 10: Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it!

Discus and support Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have one particular program that, when launched, shows me only part of what I expect to see - in this case all I see is a small area (about 1" x 3")... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NYPC, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NYPC Win User

Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it!

I have one particular program that, when launched, shows me only part of what I expect to see - in this case all I see is a small area (about 1" x 3") login window, which normally "floats" above the main window that is normally visible in the background. The problem is that the main window is completely INvisible. I KNOW it's there because if I hover the mouse over certain areas where there are buttons, small popups appear explaining what those buttons normally do. Also, the apps icon appears in the task bar. I can R-Click on that and "Close Window" (even though I can't see the actual window. Also, if I hover near where the edge of the background window should be, I'll see the mouse cursor change to a "resize" (double headed arrow) cursor.

It's like as if this particular app is relying on some component of the system to "draw" screen content, but that component is missing or corrupt.

I've fully de-installed, restarted and re-installed the program but the problem remains.

I've also tried disabling every startup program that I see in Task manager, but the problem remains

The only thing that DOES work is if I reboot in 'Safe' mode. Then the program works as it should..

The ONLY other problem I have on my PC that may be related is that Windows Photo Viewer no longer properly displays photos. The photos get stuck "loading..." but never do. However clicking the "Slide show" button (large button in bottom center) DOES show the photo - but in full screen...

My system says it's up to date (1903, build 18362.267), I've even updated my Intel Graphics drivers.

It's possible this happened after the last feature update, but I can't be sure..

I called the publisher but they say the problem's not theirs and that none of their other users have reported such an issue..

As it works in Safe Mode but not in "regular" mode, even with startup items stripped out, where else can I look? (i.e. what does "Safe" mode bypass that I can possible try re-installing?)

I've seen this question asked once or twice here but it was never answered...

Tx for any guidance!

:)

NYPC, Aug 5, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 5, 2019
  3. CursaYT Win User
    Opening program invisible

So im practicing piano and got this free software piano from above and it opens but i cant see it

I have one monitor that is connected to a desktop and when i try to open the software it goes invisible but its still open any suggestions.

Moved From:

CursaYT, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it!

The program I am trying to run is "invisible"

I am opening this Launcher to install a game, but when I open it, it is invisible. I can still click buttons in the program, but I can't SEE it. I looked everywhere online and it is not working. Other programs run fine, but it is just this one. Could you
    help? I also tried re-installing it and also tried to run as administrator.

More information:-

• The program is Epic Games Launcher.
    • Running windows 10 (updated)
    • 4K resolution (tried 1080 too)
    • Trying to install Fortnite.

mohammed elnahwy, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it!

1. Invisible program - it launches but I can't see it! - Similar Threads - Invisible program launches

2. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  3. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  4. Program will not launch

Program will not launch: A program I have used for years with Windows 10 will not launch with Windows 11. It appears to start launching circle on screen but does not fully launch. The program developer says it is compatible with Windows 11 and none of their suggestions worked. I am using an Asus...
  5. Program windows open but invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program windows open but invisible: Hi everyone, the pc is running smoothly, the monitor is connected and I can see some icons.The problem is that when clicking on an icon from the start or the bar the program seems open but it doesn't show.I also tried with the right click anywhere on the video and I can't...
  6. Program windows open but invisible

Program windows open but invisible: Hi everyone, the pc is running smoothly, the monitor is connected and I can see some icons.The problem is that when clicking on an icon from the start or the bar the program seems open but it doesn't show.I also tried with the right click anywhere on the video and I can't...
  7. Program windows open but invisible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. programs not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs not launching: i was just on my pc paying a game then my internet cut out and since then my internet is back on but my pc does not want to open any programs such as game programs with in setting but i can open thing like discord and chrome is there any way that i can fix this because i have...
  9. The program I am trying to run is "invisible"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The program I am trying to run is "invisible": I am opening this Launcher to install a game, but when I open it, it is invisible. I can still click buttons in the program, but I can't SEE it. I looked everywhere online and it is not working. Other programs run fine, but it is just this one. Could you help? I also tried...
  10. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...