Windows 10: Invisible Task View Bug

Discus and support Invisible Task View Bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After opening task view with Windows + Tab and dragging a window to my second desktop, the task view glitches itself out and becomes stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iZetiX, Apr 14, 2020.

1. /u/iZetiX Win User

Invisible Task View Bug

After opening task view with Windows + Tab and dragging a window to my second desktop, the task view glitches itself out and becomes stuck in a invisible task view mode after pressing Windows + Tab, or on the icon. So I would still see my desktop and the windows, but clicking anything above the task bar only clicks on the overlaid task view.

I can click on the the content inside the invisible task view and it would go to the window/desktop, but I'm unable to get out of it pressing Windows + Tab again, or on the task view icon, instead it would keep opening another invisible task view. I'm only able to get out of the invisible task view if I clicked on the content inside, and if there are n invisible task views, I would have to click on the contents n times.

submitted by /u/iZetiX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iZetiX, Apr 14, 2020

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Invisible Task View Bug

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Invisible Task View Bug

1. Invisible Task View Bug - Similar Threads - Invisible Task View

2. Windows 10 Task View Visual Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Task View Visual Bug: A few days ago I opened task view and it had appeared to glitch for a moment before displaying a black bar at the top and what appears as a smudged background off to the right. I have 3 monitors and only 2 of them have this smudging/glitchy effect, but all 3 of them have the...
  3. Windows 10 Task View Visual Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Task View Visual Bug: A few days ago I opened task view and it had appeared to glitch for a moment before displaying a black bar at the top and what appears as a smudged background off to the right. I have 3 monitors and only 2 of them have this smudging/glitchy effect, but all 3 of them have the...
  4. Windows 10 Task View Visual Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  6. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  7. Invisible app on task bar

8. Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug

Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug: Hi there, I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1903. and my task manager is acting weird. Now I don't know if it's a bug or simply a flaw but if I go into the performance tab in task manager, choose the "hide graphs" function, and then go into summary view, I can't escape...
  9. Icons on the task bar are invisible

Icons on the task bar are invisible: Hi, I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on the taskbar" problem. Why can't Microsoft fix this problem, which was never there in any of the previous Windows versions, is...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639