Windows 10: Invisible Touch Keyboard/other keyboard issues

Discus and support Invisible Touch Keyboard/other keyboard issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 920, and recently I have been having a few issues with the on-screen touch keyboard. Firstly, when trying to call up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Seb7721, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Seb7721 Win User

Invisible Touch Keyboard/other keyboard issues

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920, and recently I have been having a few issues with the on-screen touch keyboard.

Firstly, when trying to call up the keyboard it often displays only the shadow effect around where the keyboard should be, but not the actual keyboard. This occurs whether I tap a text input field on the screen, or the keyboard button on the taskbar.

Secondly, I have recently been having issues in OneNote, where while trying to write on the screen whilst using the stylus, the keyboard keeps popping up and down and scrolling the screen with it, making it next to impossible to take notes. This occurs both in tablet and non-tablet mode.

I've tried things like restarting, checking for updates, and sometimes this fixes the problem for a little while before it inevitably reappears.

I'm not too happy about this as one of the main reasons I bought the computer was to be able to take notes in class, which these issues are preventing me from doing.

On a side note, there is also an issue where in tablet mode the start screen shows a number of blank tiles, which is annoying but not as completely destructive to my workflow as the above issues.

For a device I paid AUD1500+ for this really isn't good enough.

If anyone knows a fix to any of these problems I would really appreciate your help.

:)

Seb7721, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Touch Keyboard Issues after Updates

Hi,

It is possible that the settings of the touch keyboard is having an issue and that can be the reason why it flickers. As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend setting up the touch keyboard in "window mode" and change it back to "full screen mode"
    to refresh its settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access the touch keyboard.
    • On the upper left part of the touch keyboard, click the keyboard settings icon.
    • On the second row, select the second option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker. If it did not flicker, access the touch keyboard settings icon again.
    • On the second row, select the first option.
    • Close the access the touch keyboard again, and then re-open it.
    • Check if it will flicker.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Sep 11, 2018
  3. red197 Win User
    Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

red197, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Touch keyboard

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Does this issue specific to the touch keyboard and with certain Apps?

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to perform System File to fix the corrupted system file and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + C” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Method 2: If the issue persists
    thenset your computer in
    Clean Boot state and check if the same issue occurs.

By setting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista, 7 or in Windows 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the steps outlined by
    “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “in the provided link to return your computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link: How to use the touch keyboard:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Invisible Touch Keyboard/other keyboard issues - Similar Threads - Invisible Touch Keyboard

2. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  3. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  4. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  5. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  6. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  7. Touch keyboard is invisible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch keyboard is invisible: Split from this thread. We are having the same problem with Lenovo AIO V530-22IC models. There is no 3rd party antivirus and windows updates are up to date. Is there a fix planned for this? Or an effective workaround?...
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Keyboard and touch pad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and touch pad issue: I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware tests, the keyboard...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch keyboard invisible

2. windows 10 on screen keyboard invisible

3. why is my keyboard invisible

4. windows 10 touch keyboard invisible,
  5. My touch keyboard is invisible,
  6. windows 10 invisible keyboard,
  7. windows 10 touchkeyboard pops up invisibale,
  8. why is my touch keyboard invisible,
  9. Why is the keyboard invisible,
  10. touch keyboard visible,
  11. on screen keyboard invisible,