Windows 10: Invisible window on desktop

Discus and support Invisible window on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! So I have this... I don't know if call it issue, the thing is, there is this small invisible window in my desktop, I realized it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SplotchySea4, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Invisible window on desktop

Hi everyone!

So I have this... I don't know if call it issue, the thing is, there is this small invisible window in my desktop, I realized it was there today, it doesn't seem to impact the performance, that is why I didn't discover it before I guess, don't know for how long has been there tbh, it seems like there is no process in the task manager that can help me identify it, I don't know what it is for, it's just there, I can drag it around and that's the only way the frame becomes visible to me, but there is nothing inside, I can't right click it, I can't resize it and is infront of every other window, icon, bar and pretty much anything in the interface, nothing behind it works, my antivirus didn't show me anything and I don't really know what to do.

Do you know what can I do, any suggestions?

Invisible window on desktop 11d6ba65-00b9-43d6-a47e-134c08bb87bc?upload=true.png

:)

SplotchySea4, Jun 19, 2020
  2. CursaYT Win User

Opening program invisible

So im practicing piano and got this free software piano from above and it opens but i cant see it

I have one monitor that is connected to a desktop and when i try to open the software it goes invisible but its still open any suggestions.

Moved From:

CursaYT, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Invisible Window on Desktop (Windows 10)

I actually wanted to post an answer to my question that I was able to resolve.

The problem: The problem I kept having was this invisible window would show up after a windows update. It was obviously a program window, however, I couldn't move it or resize it or close it. There wasn't a
    program process showing up in Task Manager. Just this window. I did all of the suggestions of starting in safe mode etc. to try and figure out "What freaking program is running??!??" so I could shut it down. After many attempts and frustrations and searches
    all over the internet, I finally found out a possibility. For me this was the solution. I will post a screenshot of my desktop with the invisible window for reference.

The Solution: For me the solution is my Nvidia GEForce Experience is trying to install or update new drivers. However, it doesn't show up in your Task Manager as the opened invisible window. Just open your
    GEForce Experience program. Update your drivers and restart your computer. The window should no longer be on the desktop. And you don't need to go insane trying to figure out what program the invisible window is running. Now you know. It's your graphic card
    just trying to update your drivers. Good Luck for those of you who have had this problem and couldn't find the answer easily.

As you can see the outline of the window once I clicked on it. It's crazy invisible if not clicked.

Invisible window on desktop 0f7ddc09-1d45-49a2-bfab-ebe4727c8e84?upload=true.png

Wynter Nyte, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Invisible window on desktop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Invisible window on desktop

1. Invisible window on desktop - Similar Threads - Invisible window desktop

2. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  3. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  4. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen: Windows 10 placed an invisible border around the desktop that is ridiculous. When I try to drag shortcuts near the edge, it THROWS them somewhere else. How do I get rid of that invisible "fence?" It is totally annoying, and really messes things up....
  6. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen: Windows 10 placed an invisible border around the desktop that is ridiculous. When I try to drag shortcuts near the edge, it THROWS them somewhere else. How do I get rid of that invisible "fence?" It is totally annoying, and really messes things up....
  7. Invisible "fence" on edges of desktop screen

8. Invisible Window on Desktop (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invisible Window on Desktop (Windows 10): I actually wanted to post an answer to my question that I was able to resolve. The problem: The problem I kept having was this invisible window would show up after a windows update. It was obviously a program window, however, I couldn't move it or resize it or close it....
  9. invisible icons on desktop and taskbar

invisible icons on desktop and taskbar: hello its been a 3 days that i have this problem, it happens that i used the memory diagnostic and restarted my pc then i saw they are invisible like settings or microsoft store or spotify even i have a screenshot for proof: https://gyazo.com/f15cb1398a2d2f814d96d979a6407cc9...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...