Windows 10: invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online

Discus and support invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting this error when I try and install The Elder Scrolls Online. This happens no matter where I try and download it from Steam or their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Drewgo Fett, Sep 28, 2018.

1. invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online

I keep getting this error when I try and install The Elder Scrolls Online. This happens no matter where I try and download it from Steam or their official site. This has to be a windows 10 issue. I bought the game through Steam and it kept happening. Then I bought the game separately through the official website and it kept happening. This is the Launcher to install the game. I don't even get a chance to get into the game to configure it. Other games I have downloaded through Steam work perfectly fine. Other games I play through other sites work as well also. I have been back and forth with Bethesda and Steam and they say that it is a Java error or Windows 10 error. I have updated my Java and my Windows 10 last week and checked today to see they are still up to date. I have tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 and 8. I have a NVIDIA GTX1060 6gb GPU. I have over 2TB of hard drive space available. I have an i7 4790k processor. The most recent Direct X etc. I have researched this for months now and I have seen numerous people with the exact same issue but with no solution I will post the full detailed error message below.

java.lang.Error: Trampoline must not be defined by the bootstrap classloader
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.getTrampolineClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.getTrampoline(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a1(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a3(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

:)

Drewgo Fett, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Hoyle777 Win User

invocation target exception when trying to install

I keep getting this error when I try and install The Elder Scrolls Online exe. This happens no matter where I try and download it from Steam or their official site. This has to be a windows 10 issue

invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online faf353de-c176-4b61-8335-014960bcef1e?upload=true.jpg

Hoyle777, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    invocation target exception when trying to install

Hi Hoyle777,

Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could validate if this error message has something to do with your Windows 10 computer. Kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you're getting the same error if you tried installing other games coming from Steam?
    • Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Does the error message appear during installation of the game or when trying to launch the game?

If you're trying to launch the game, I recommend that you run it in compatibility mode. To do that, kindly perform the steps below:

• Right-click on the application, then select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab, then tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
    • On the drop-down box, select Windows 7/8, then click
      Apply.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Sep 28, 2018
  4. invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online

Cannot play Elder Scrolls Online

Hi Stin ,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Elder Scrolls
    on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please reply to the following questions:

1. Have you installed all pending Windows updates on your PC?

2. Do you get any error message with this game?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if it resolves the issue.

If issue persists, make sure your Firewall / Anti-virus
    isn't blocking the game. The steps to unblock the Elder Scrolls, will vary depending on the anti-virus or firewall software that you use. Refer to the documentation for your anti-virus or firewall software to open the settings and make sure that the
    software is not blocking the game.

Hope this information helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online

1. invocation target exception when trying to install the Elder Scrolls Online - Similar Threads - invocation target exception

2. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.: I spent thousands on the xbox platform when it comes to elder scrolls online. Im no longer on xbox console only pc, and the only way to access my game data is thru the microsoft server. obviously the game has yet to be listed in the "Windows Microsoft Store".meanwhile...
  3. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.: I spent thousands on the xbox platform when it comes to elder scrolls online. Im no longer on xbox console only pc, and the only way to access my game data is thru the microsoft server. obviously the game has yet to be listed in the "Windows Microsoft Store".meanwhile...
  4. Can microsoft list Elder scrolls Online on the windows microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. elder scroll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    elder scroll: hello i bought a game from microsoft store on pc after installing the game does not open dew that is missing some file what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elder-scroll/1cf303de-7f19-420e-8272-2cfafc1b6a5a
  6. Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes in The Elder Scrolls Online: Hello, I am currently playing the game The Elde Scrolls Online and experience frequent crashes in a specific game mode. I contacted the Bethesda support and after a few messages back and forth they pointed out an error message in a system report I sent them and told me that...
  7. "system reflection target invocation exception" error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "system reflection target invocation exception" error: I was on the internet and "system reflection target invocation exception" was loaded on my computer. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reflection-target-invocation-exception/55827e1f-900d-4929-8158-f036f0e5ec23
  8. BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Elder scrolls online! Thread stuck in device driver??: I recently downloaded a new game. Elder scrolls online. I launch it, it loads then. BAM BSOD I've done my best to keep it all up to date but this hurts. Please let me know what logs you would like given reguarding my pc and I will give them 84062
  9. BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

BSOD playing Elder Scrolls Online; "Thread Stuck in Device Driver": Hello, I've been having an issue with BSODs. Usually it happens while playing a game, such as ESO or Morrowind, but sometimes it happens in other cases. The error code is "Thread Stuck in Device Driver." Since it usually happens while playing graphics-intensive games, I have...
  10. BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online

BSOD While Playing Elder Scrolle Online: Hello! Been getting a __lot__ of display driver crashes, mostly while playing Elder Scrolls Online, but sometimes other games as well, and sometimes while just watching a Youtube video! Some snippets from Event Viewer : Code: Fault bucket...