Windows 10: invoke 2 issues linking spotify

Discus and support invoke 2 issues linking spotify in Cortana to solve the problem; I cant link Spotify (premium) to my invoke 2 speaker : Supposedly this is done by giving permission in Cortana notebook. However, there is no music... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DNOB, Nov 7, 2018.

1. DNOB Win User

invoke 2 issues linking spotify

I cant link Spotify (premium) to my invoke 2 speaker : Supposedly this is done by giving permission in Cortana notebook. However, there is no music tab in the notebook. It is missing. I have Spotify app and that works stand alone. Has Microsoft abandoned Cortana?

:)

DNOB, Nov 7, 2018
  2. MarshGang Win User

Spotify on Harmon/Karden Invoke Not Working

This might not resolve your issue but have you given Cortana permission to interface with Spotify? I'd first check to see if it is enabled there first. In the Cortana app, open the Notebook and then Music section. If Spotify isn't listed as 'On' then add
    the service. I think Spotify was linked to my Microsoft account before buying the Invoke so I didn't have this issue. I went through the Invoke setup process to link my Microsoft account.

MarshGang, Nov 7, 2018
  3. BinaryInk Win User

I have attempted running through the setup of the invoke over 6 times now and it always gets stuck at trying to link my Spotify account. I have used both the Windows 10 app and the Cortana Android app, both have the same result. I am able to link Spotify
    with Cortana, but the app will not allow me to move onto the next step. Any attempt to play music is met with "Okay." or "Alright." -- as if it worked, then immediately: I'm sorry I can't play music on Spotify right now". I go into the Android app to look
    at the query history and all it says is "Okay" or "Alright" as if it worked. If I go to the Android/PC Spotify app, I can connect to the speaker through Spotify and it even shows up in the Cortana app and allows me to control it there. Still no voice control.
    EDIT: I can stop/pause an actively playing song or skip tracks as long as a playlist is playing...that's the extent of my voice control. Cannot start it back up without using my phone or PC.

Simply put, Spotify is probably 75% of the reason I bought this thing, so if I'm forced to use my phone to manually connect to it either through the Spotify app or through Bluetooth, I'll probably end up returning it...

So, has anyone else encountered anything similar to what I'm describing here? If so, how might I go about remedying this problem? Having a hard time figuring out if its a.) Spotify, b.) Cortana, c.) my Microsoft Account or d.) the Invoke (seems unlikely)

BinaryInk, Nov 7, 2018
  4. BinaryInk Win User

I should've come back to this yesterday. After about 24-48 hours (not sure exactly when) it started working properly.

I did originally have Spotify linked to my MSAccount before buying the Invoke (did so several weeks before buying), but it wasn't showing up as linked. I had to purge permissions from Cortana and logged into Spotify to purge the permissions there, too. Then
    I relinked the accounts and it started working 24-48 hours later. Not sure if it was a hiccup on either MS or Spotify's end, but it should be instantaneous...and if it isn't supposed to be, the app should say that somewhere during setup and allow the user
    to continue with the setup.

So, all is well and the Invoke is functioning properly now. If anyone else runs across this, just purge the permissions from both ends, set it up again, and wait.

BinaryInk, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. invoke 2 issues linking spotify - Similar Threads - invoke issues linking

2. Spotify App Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify App Issue: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  3. Spotify App Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify App Issue: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  4. can't link spotify to focus timer

can't link spotify to focus timer: when i click link spotify, it is just loading and doing nothing else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-link-spotify-to-focus-timer/e18c5845-6eb2-4ca1-8507-26dc65703887
  5. can't link spotify to focus timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't link spotify to focus timer: when i click link spotify, it is just loading and doing nothing else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-link-spotify-to-focus-timer/e18c5845-6eb2-4ca1-8507-26dc65703887
  6. Cann't link Spotify with Clock app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cann't link Spotify with Clock app: Just a blank page pops up ! Can anyone guide me how to overcome this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannt-link-spotify-with-clock-app/6fae798a-fa22-4c50-8cc8-3927e3bee66b
  7. Cann't link Spotify with Clock app

Cann't link Spotify with Clock app: Just a blank page pops up ! Can anyone guide me how to overcome this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannt-link-spotify-with-clock-app/6fae798a-fa22-4c50-8cc8-3927e3bee66b
  8. Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist

Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist: I created a playlist in Spotify. Skill I'm using: "Hey Cortana, play <playlist name> playlist." Example: "Hey Cortana, play 'Mike's' playlist." When I say this exact same skill via my Dell PC running Windows 10, Cortana works perfectly. When I say this exact same skill...
  9. Harman Kardon invoke 2 speakers

in Cortana
    Harman Kardon invoke 2 speakers: Hi, I am finding general support and set up of the invoke speaker with Cortana as a very frustrating experience. Once you complete set up it seems impossible to change any setting again without starting set up process again. Switching between radio providers heart and tunein...
  10. Is there a way to have multiple people use Spotify on our Harman Kardon Invoke?

Is there a way to have multiple people use Spotify on our Harman Kardon Invoke?: We have a Harman Kardon Invoke. It is connected to Cortana in my Microsoft account. And I've also connected Spotify to my Microsoft account in Cortana. This all works great for me. Now here's the problem. I've gotten a Family plan with Spotify. Everyone in my household has...