Windows 10: Invoke sceduled task from batch?

Discus and support Invoke sceduled task from batch? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Invoke sceduled task from batch?

Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes?

:)

pokeefe0001, Sep 23, 2020

2. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

Here are a few comments for starters:

• Please upload StartupSet.lnk.
    • Where does it reside?
    • Instead of invoking

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /c start StartupSet.lnk

and specifying the optional Startup folder

C:\Users\Tinker Alpha\Documents\Planes\Wallpaper\Background Files\

keep it simple by invoking

StartupSet.bat

directly. Since it contains fully qualfied paths, you do not need to worry about the startup folder.
    • To debug the issue, invoke this batch file with the Task Scheduler:

@Echo off

if not exist c:\Log md c:\Log

echo The task ran on %date% at %time% >> c:\Log\Test.txt

Test it by right-clicking the scheduled task, then examine c:\Log\Test.txt
    Remember that the Task Scheduler panel does not auto-refresh itself. To see the current status of a task, you must press F5.

You could code your actual batch file more elegantly like so:

Code:
    if %HH% LSS 9  echo Less than 9 & goto :eofif %HH% GEQ 9  echo 9 or more   & goto :eofif %HH% GEQ 11 echo 11 or more  & goto :eof

Frederik Long, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler in Windows 10

More information required, i.e.

• The task you're trying to run, e.g. the batch file that you invoke.
    • The contents of the .xml file you get when you export the task.

4. Invoke sceduled task from batch?

Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

Please post these two items:

• The contents of your batch file
    • The exported .xml task

Thema:

Invoke sceduled task from batch?

1. Invoke sceduled task from batch? - Similar Threads - Invoke sceduled task

2. Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program: I have a program that invokes executes or starts Office 2010 Picture Manager when it wants to display an image in detail. I want to update the program to use Microsoft Photos. The Photos program resides at C:\Program...
  3. Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program: I have a program that invokes executes or starts Office 2010 Picture Manager when it wants to display an image in detail. I want to update the program to use Microsoft Photos. The Photos program resides at C:\Program...
  4. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  5. Task Scheduler - Batch File

Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  6. Invoke scheduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke scheduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093
  7. sceduleing restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sceduleing restart: When scheduling a restart do I need to leave my laptop closed and asleep? Or does it have to be open and running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sceduleing-restart/f8ababd1-d981-44a9-821e-e25a5c828246
  8. Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks

Using Batch files to perform sequential tasks: Hi, I think I used to do this all the time but that was a long time ago. I want to open a Wordperfect (WP) document then run an executable program, the WP file opens fine but the executable won't run until I close the WP file. Any clues? Regards, Jim 57282
  9. Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task

in Windows 10 Support
    Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task: Parallel batch jobs in one scheduled task hi, This should be an easy answer. I want to create one scheduled task, it will be called "CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE", see attached pic or (approximate example, not literal job...yet)...
  10. Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler: I want run this bat file from task scheduler @Rem %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system @setlocal @set pf=%ProgramFiles% @if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)% @Rem %macropath% expands to the demo...