Windows 10: Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??

Discus and support Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to use a touch screen to invoke the new snap layouts? When I don't have a keyboard attached, I'm a loss how to use the new layouts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReadyOrNot, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??

Is there a way to use a touch screen to invoke the new snap layouts? When I don't have a keyboard attached, I'm a loss how to use the new layouts. I tried long pressing on the maximize/restore button, but it didn't bring up the snap layout menu. Any other ideas? Note: keyboard shortcuts aren't a real option because I don't always have a physical keyboard attached, and trying to do snapping through the onscreen keyboard is highly inefficient.Thanks in advance for the suggestions and ideas!

:)

ReadyOrNot, Nov 5, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Nov 5, 2021
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??

Touch Devices

Hi ....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool Awesome! Thanks for that! Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen?? :)
    I'm gonna have to put 8.1 back on my machine somewhere!
    Course, your Surface is built for that, this HP monitor is labeled 'Limited Touch Support' so, I'm hoping...
    Thanks again.

Edwin, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??

1. Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen?? - Similar Threads - Invoke snap layouts

2. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  3. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  4. Snap layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout: Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout/84eb9f9a-a1a5-403a-9516-c29373f6f2f1
  5. Snap layout

Snap layout: Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout/84eb9f9a-a1a5-403a-9516-c29373f6f2f1
  6. Snap layout missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout missing: Only 4 snap layout options are available in windows 11 instead of 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout-missing/ff40ffeb-e856-44de-a934-4b5fdf6636af
  7. Snap layout missing

Snap layout missing: Only 4 snap layout options are available in windows 11 instead of 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout-missing/ff40ffeb-e856-44de-a934-4b5fdf6636af
  8. Snap Layouts query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Layouts query: The above are the snap layouts I had available when I first downloaded windows 11.The available layouts are now reduced to 4 options as shown below.Is there a way to get back all the options as the option with three vertical columns was very helpful to my workflow.Thank you!...
  9. Snap Layouts query

Snap Layouts query: The above are the snap layouts I had available when I first downloaded windows 11.The available layouts are now reduced to 4 options as shown below.Is there a way to get back all the options as the option with three vertical columns was very helpful to my workflow.Thank you!...
  10. Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??

Invoke snap layouts with a touch screen??: Is there a way to use a touch screen to invoke the new snap layouts? When I don't have a keyboard attached, I'm a loss how to use the new layouts. I tried long pressing on the maximize/restore button, but it didn't bring up the snap layout menu. Any other ideas? Note:...