Windows 10: Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App

Discus and support Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App in Cortana to solve the problem; Why is it that recently my HK Invoke speakers have disappeared from the Android app for Cortana? Under devices I can see still see my Xbox One, Alexa... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Allicit, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Allicit Win User

Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App

Why is it that recently my HK Invoke speakers have disappeared from the Android app for Cortana? Under devices I can see still see my Xbox One, Alexa Devices link, surface headphones etc but I can't see my three HK Invoke speakers anymore. I also have one computer that still has the old Cortana app available and the Invokes have disappeared as connected devices from that too. Obviously I can't see it from any of the computers running the newer version of Cortana on insider builds as i know this is running a different version of Cortana.

The Invoke speakers are all working but something has changed in that they all no longer have the wake noise and I have no way to bring it back. Why has this changed only in the last week?

:)

Allicit, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Harman Kardon Invoke featuring Cortana

Source: Harman Kardon Invoke featuring Cortana: Captivating sound meets personal digital assistant - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Cortana Invoke speaker not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Cortana Invoke speaker on the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried connecting any other Bluetooth speaker on the PC?
    4. Are you able to use the speaker on any other PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try removing and pairing the speaker again. Kindly follow the steps to remove the speaker.

1. Press Windows +
      I keys together to open Settings.
    2. Now click on Devices and select
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    3. Under Other
      Devices
      click on the Speaker.
    4. Click on Remove
      Device and click on Yes.

Once removed try to pair the speaker again. Refer the article

Set up my Harman Kardon Invoke with Cortana

Method 2:

Try enabling the disabled devices from the sound settings and see if you are able to set the speaker as default.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘control mmsys.cpl,,0’ and hit enter.
    3. Under Playback tab right click on a device and click on Show Disabled Devices.
    4. Try setting the speaker as default.

Additionally, you can refer the section Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories from the article

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2020
  4. br4tt3 Win User

Cortana Device Setup - Invoke and WiFi

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my Invoke, steering the initial setup from my Windows 10 1803 PC. Cortana is displaying the Devices icon, factory reset the Invoke (several times) and everything seems to work from within the Cortana Device Setup app until the following
    occurs:

1. At the "connect to your device" stage - i can see the Invoke from within the Cortana Device Setup app, in the list

2. Before I press / select the app from the list, check WiFi network connection - my WiFi network card on my PC is bound to SSID providing internet connectivity).

3. When I press / select the HK Invoke device listed, i can see my WiFi NIC is switching to the "HK Invoke" that does not have internet connectivity at this stage. Cortana at the same time tells my "i am not connected to the device" - so all good so far...

4. Next step presented is a next button for setting up WiFi on the Invoke. Remember - at this stage my PC's WiFi connection is bound to the Invoke, and not the Internet providing SSID any more…

5. Press next - Cortana basically tells me that it cannot find any WiFi suitable for continuing… I would like the option to specify an alternate WiFi SSID for Cortana / Invoke but I can only see the Next button in the app...

I am freaking out - tried updating Windows, disabled firewalls, checked e internet connectivity, did setup from 2 different PC's, 1 x Android phone (which generates error - Something went wrong?????) - who ever came up with that error msg? I am running out
    of options.... i did factory reset on the Invoke etc. Is there a debug option, to determine WHAT causing the issue? right now i think it has to do with Window roaming from my internet SSID to the Invoke device when using the COrtana Device Setup app - cause
    it cannot see any suitable SSID once connected to my PC even though the internet providing SSID works just fine...… HELP!!!!

br4tt3, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App - Similar Threads - Invoke speakers missing

2. invoke speaker setup

in Cortana
    invoke speaker setup: I am trying to get the new firmware for the invoke speakers and cannot connect them to windows. Can I still connect to cortana and get the Bluetooth firmware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invoke-speaker-setup/33cbb559-1823-4835-93aa-290b3848bc0c
  3. Harman/Kardon Invoke Speaker

in Cortana
    Harman/Kardon Invoke Speaker: My Invoke is not coming on no power. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harmankardon-invoke-speaker/13438e15-3388-4903-b54e-edf3ac360069
  4. Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker: Okay, I made the mistake of buying 4 Invokes for $50 at the Microsoft Store. I first bought two and really like them and then bought two more. I have two of them set up. I love the sound quality it's better than the Echo Dots and Google Homes that I also have and I've been...
  5. Cortana Invoke speaker not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana Invoke speaker not working: Recently I purchased Cortana Invoke for my pc, however when trying to pair it VIA Bluetooth to my pc. The issue is it pairs fine and is connected but in settings it is not connected under the audio it appears connected under other devices. I am unable to open sound settings...
  6. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  8. Cortana Podcast Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Podcast Invoke: Cortana is playing podcasts just fine via TuneIn radio on my Invoke. However, I can't figure out a way to play a previous podcast. For example if it plays podcast XYZ Latest Episode. I can't figure out a command to tell it to play a "previous" podcast. Anyone know a voice...
  9. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...
  10. Cannot Invoke Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Invoke missing Devices section of Cortana