Windows 10: Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist

Discus and support Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a playlist in Spotify. Skill I'm using: "Hey Cortana, play <playlist name> playlist." Example: "Hey Cortana, play 'Mike's' playlist." When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeChen6, May 15, 2019.

1. MikeChen6 Win User

Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist

I created a playlist in Spotify. Skill I'm using: "Hey Cortana, play <playlist name> playlist." Example: "Hey Cortana, play 'Mike's' playlist." When I say this exact same skill via my Dell PC running Windows 10, Cortana works perfectly. When I say this exact same skill through the Invoke device, it will recognize my playlist name but will play random songs and not the songs in my playlist. Please help me understand what's wrong. Thanks.

:)

MikeChen6, May 15, 2019
  2. BinaryInk Win User

Spotify on Harmon/Karden Invoke Not Working

I have attempted running through the setup of the invoke over 6 times now and it always gets stuck at trying to link my Spotify account. I have used both the Windows 10 app and the Cortana Android app, both have the same result. I am able to link Spotify
    with Cortana, but the app will not allow me to move onto the next step. Any attempt to play music is met with "Okay." or "Alright." -- as if it worked, then immediately: I'm sorry I can't play music on Spotify right now". I go into the Android app to look
    at the query history and all it says is "Okay" or "Alright" as if it worked. If I go to the Android/PC Spotify app, I can connect to the speaker through Spotify and it even shows up in the Cortana app and allows me to control it there. Still no voice control.
    EDIT: I can stop/pause an actively playing song or skip tracks as long as a playlist is playing...that's the extent of my voice control. Cannot start it back up without using my phone or PC.

Simply put, Spotify is probably 75% of the reason I bought this thing, so if I'm forced to use my phone to manually connect to it either through the Spotify app or through Bluetooth, I'll probably end up returning it...

So, has anyone else encountered anything similar to what I'm describing here? If so, how might I go about remedying this problem? Having a hard time figuring out if its a.) Spotify, b.) Cortana, c.) my Microsoft Account or d.) the Invoke (seems unlikely)

BinaryInk, May 15, 2019
  3. MarshGang Win User
    Spotify on Harmon/Karden Invoke Not Working

This might not resolve your issue but have you given Cortana permission to interface with Spotify? I'd first check to see if it is enabled there first. In the Cortana app, open the Notebook and then Music section. If Spotify isn't listed as 'On' then add
    the service. I think Spotify was linked to my Microsoft account before buying the Invoke so I didn't have this issue. I went through the Invoke setup process to link my Microsoft account.

MarshGang, May 15, 2019
  4. DNOB Win User

invoke 2 issues linking spotify

I cant link Spotify (premium) to my invoke 2 speaker : Supposedly this is done by giving permission in Cortana notebook. However, there is no music tab in the notebook. It is missing. I have Spotify app and that works stand alone. Has Microsoft abandoned
    Cortana?

Thema:

1. Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist - Similar Threads - Invoke Cortana linked

2. Cortana and Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and Spotify: How do I connect Spotify so that it can be controlled with Cortana? When doing research, I kept finding that I needed to go to the Cortana notebook which does not appear to exist anymore. How would I do this?...
  3. TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke: I've recently started having a problem with my Cortana/Invoke speaker not being able to play certain streams. Is there a way to update the app for the speaker? This is a new TuneIn app for desktop I had to install to make it work on PC as I was having the same issue....
  4. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  5. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  6. Cortana and spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and spotify: Ok so ige seen online that to connect spotify with cortana you must go to notebook then connect a service. But, whenever i go there all that shows up are email apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-spotify/e72883d2-5613-4b07-931c-edab20429857"
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...
  8. invoke 2 issues linking spotify

in Cortana
    invoke 2 issues linking spotify: I cant link Spotify (premium) to my invoke 2 speaker : Supposedly this is done by giving permission in Cortana notebook. However, there is no music tab in the notebook. It is missing. I have Spotify app and that works stand alone. Has Microsoft abandoned Cortana?...
  9. Cortana Podcast Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Podcast Invoke: Cortana is playing podcasts just fine via TuneIn radio on my Invoke. However, I can't figure out a way to play a previous podcast. For example if it plays podcast XYZ Latest Episode. I can't figure out a command to tell it to play a "previous" podcast. Anyone know a voice...
  10. Cannot Invoke Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Invoke Cortana: System: ASUS M32CD 64-bit, Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz,, 4 Cores, 8 GB DRAM, 4 TB Harddrive OS: Windows 10 Home, V 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (factory installed, updates up to date) Despite a mention of Cortana here and there, I can't make it run. My screen never quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invoke not playing music

2. use cortana to open specific playlist on spotify

3. cortana invoke spotify playlists

4. cortana works fine spotify will not play request,
  5. Do you need Spotify premium to play invoke,
  6. cortina and spotify will not stay linked,
  7. cortana play my spotify playlist,
  8. CAN INVOKE CORTANA PLAY MY PLAYLIST,
  9. spotify linked to my invoke but cortana not finding,
  10. cortana isnt playing my playlist,
  11. linked cortana to spotify but wont play music,