Windows 10: IObit purchase and concern

Discus and support IObit purchase and concern in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just purchased the IObit Uninstaller. I gave them access to install it on my computer. After this was completed, I was transferred to somebody who... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AEGreene, May 25, 2020.

1. AEGreene Win User

IObit purchase and concern

I just purchased the IObit Uninstaller. I gave them access to install it on my computer. After this was completed, I was transferred to somebody who ran some tests and tried to tell me my computer had problems like a lot of junk files and registry errors. I never had an experience like this connected with a purchase. This sounded like the beginning of a scam. I said I had a subscription with Microsoft and that I will ask them to look at whatever problems I might have. The man started arguing, and I finally just hung up. I suspect my call may have been transferred to somebody outside of IObit Uninstaller. They all had strong Indian accents. Have others had this experience? What do the experts suggest?

:)

AEGreene, May 25, 2020

2. Query on IObit product compatibility with Windows 10 and problem with Start menu and Cortana.

Hello Robert,

If that is the case, I suggest you to follow up on the same concerned thread to avoid inconsistency and getting speedy response. With regard to the Iobit product compatibility on Windows 10, better I suggest you to contact the respective
    IObit Support team for more information on this.

With regard to Start Menu and Cortana issue, give us brief description about the problem to guide you accordingly.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 25, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 25, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. IObit purchase and concern - Similar Threads - IObit purchase concern

2. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  3. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  4. Concern

Concern: What's this, I don't know what this is. Do you guys have this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/concern/ef58477e-4da3-4439-93c9-312ec928d8f5
  5. Concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Concern: What's this, I don't know what this is. Do you guys have this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/concern/ef58477e-4da3-4439-93c9-312ec928d8f5
  6. Iobit Hijacked Windows Defender, The Real Time Protection Option is Inactive, Iobit Strains...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Iobit Hijacked Windows Defender, The Real Time Protection Option is Inactive, Iobit Strains...: I fin so little on this matter that I'd swear no one cared if Advanced System Care Ultimate 13 hijacks Windows Defender or no. The Realtime Protection Setting is obscured and impossible to access. I'd like to lessen the strain on my RAM/CPU by uninstalling it or turning it...
  7. Want to full delete IOBit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to full delete IOBit: My uncle called me and said on his windows 10 pc that IOBIT keeps popping up and wants him to upgrade. He said he went into windows and uninstalled it, but when he rebooted after it came back. I have never heard of this program. I assume its one of those programs that says it...
  8. Concerns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Concerns: Hi, Recently every time after I use my laptop for a certain amount of time, my laptop just suddenly stops working. It will be on black screen then it will exit. The computer freezes, as my browser or netflix app will just exit and after re-launch it will exit again. I can...
  9. Scam concerning the purchase of an app

Scam concerning the purchase of an app: I was informed that I had ordered Mobile Legend Bang-Bang 5,000Diamonds at a cost of $36.69 and paid for it by credit card link. The email did not say what credit card but merely credit card link. I was given the order number called the app store and they told me that...
  10. IObit Uninstaller

IObit Uninstaller: hi, guys where is a save place to download IObit Uninstaller, i went to the IObit site to get IObit Uninstaller, and end up getting directed to MajorGeeks.com, is MajorGeeks.com save ???? thanks for your time guys, . 58143