Windows 10: Iobit vs Iolo and another AV question

Discus and support Iobit vs Iolo and another AV question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I had to choose between iobit Advanced System Care Pro and Iolo Phoenix360 Which should I choose? And why? In actual fact. I have both. But it seems... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stub, Mar 21, 2019.

1. stub Win User

Iobit vs Iolo and another AV question

If I had to choose between iobit Advanced System Care Pro and Iolo Phoenix360 Which should I choose? And why? In actual fact. I have both. But it seems a tad surplus to have both running at the same time.

I also had to remove avast because it was causing some problems with some other software installations. I didn't really like the all-encompassing nature of avast. (or many other AV with similar reach). After some research, I replaced it with Panda Dome. Which I kinda liked because it wasn't trying to be everything for everybody. Just an AV product. Neither of which were even mentioned the latest PC-Mag AV review. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about my choices?

:)

2. Iolo SystemMechanic Professional CONFLICT

I recently installed Iolo's System Mechanic Professional ver. 7.5. It's firewall and/or anti-virus programs conflict fatally with ActiveSync. Even following Iolo's instructions to turn off these programs still results in ActiveSync being non-functional
    - even after uninstallation and reinstallation of ActiveSync. When attempting to sync, I get 2 error messages: Critical Components of ActiveSync have failed to start, and another that says, SYWARE INC...Can't find Windows CE device. Also, RAPIMgr, a critical
    component of Mobile 5, fails to shut off correctly when the system is powered down, resulting in a routine lock (requiring END NOW).

Iolo initially advised me that they were working on a fix for their next update, and suggested disabling their product. After disabling their product, and finding that it did not fix the problem, I advised them, but have heard nothing further from them.

Any suggestions as to how to get ActiveSync working again would be appreciated!

I would apprecaite hearing from anyone about similar experiences.

Anthony in Slonoma, Mar 21, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 21, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

You're going to get a long list of people's differing suggestions as to which AV is best. Do some research and watch various reviews on youtube like this https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCSecurity.

swarfega, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Iobit vs Iolo and another AV question - Similar Threads - Iobit Iolo another

2. Another question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  3. Another question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  4. Windows Defender vs iObit malware fighter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender vs iObit malware fighter: Should I have these two running on same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-vs-iobit-malware-fighter/124eea45-9702-44ef-8990-15d84cceedaa
  5. another question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    another question: i have also another question, i frienquently have blue screens that crash my computer, how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-question/e3bf001e-011f-4d4b-9be3-08255afeb101
  6. Question On iobit malware fighter and W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question On iobit malware fighter and W10: Hi folks I was just wondering if anyone here is using iobit malware fighter and Windows 10? I am looking for some help regarding whenever I restart or Login for the first time I am having to turn it on manually, I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if...
  7. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  8. Another IE Vs Edge Comment (Question)

in Browsers and Email
    Another IE Vs Edge Comment (Question): There were a few things that I need to do but can't because Edge doesn't allow Java or other add-ons. So I made IE11 my default browser. After a few days of experimenting I found that the IE11 in windows 10 is not all that great. I decided that I would do better running edge...
  9. IObit Uninstaller 7 Free vs. Revo Uninstaller Free?

IObit Uninstaller 7 Free vs. Revo Uninstaller Free?: IObit Uninstaller - Best Free Software Uninstall Tool for Your Windows XP/7/8/10 PC https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo..._download.html I have used Revo Pro for years on a windows 7 machine with great success. Never experienced any problems letting it delete...
  10. IObit Uninstaller

IObit Uninstaller: hi, guys where is a save place to download IObit Uninstaller, i went to the IObit site to get IObit Uninstaller, and end up getting directed to MajorGeeks.com, is MajorGeeks.com save ???? thanks for your time guys, . 58143

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phoenix360 windows 10 1903

2. IObit vs