Windows 10: IOGEAR GUCE64 - not wanting to work

Discus and support IOGEAR GUCE64 - not wanting to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 (RIP, it was a good decade) to Windows 10 via clean install and all has been going fairly well so far. Until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by btoast91, Jun 15, 2019.

1. btoast91 Win User

IOGEAR GUCE64 - not wanting to work

Hello. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 (RIP, it was a good decade) to Windows 10 via clean install and all has been going fairly well so far. Until I decided to set up a new project. I wanted to set up a remote control station for the PC in another part of my house. I managed to split my HDMI and send it over Cat6 downstairs no problem. I also got a IOGEAR GUCE64 4-port USB over Cat6 extender (powered). In theory, it should have been plug-and-play. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Windows 10 is giving me an error, "Unknown USB Device - Device Descriptor Request Failed" when I try to find the extender/hub in Device Manager. IOGEAR doesn't have drivers available on their website and I have an email out to them with no response. I was wondering if any of the kind folks here might be able to help me figure this out?

A bit more info: the reason for the USB extender is simply for a mouse and keyboard. I've tried three different keyboards on it, wired and wireless, and none are working on the extender (but are working if plugged directly into the PC). The USB extender has its own dedicated Cat6 line, and that line has been tested working properly.

:)

btoast91, Jun 15, 2019
  2. JHHIS Win User

IOGEAR GFR309 not recognized by Windows 10

I have an IOGEAR GFR309 USB card reader. It works perfectly well with my Windows 8.1 pro laptop, but it is not recognized by Windows 10 on a different laptop (Windows 10 home) and on a Toshiba AllInOne (which I guess is a glorified laptop) Windows 10 pro.

The USB device information in device manager indicate the device is operating. It is not recognized by file Explorer. When I plug it in, I hear the MS sound of a new device being attached. The USB driver shows it is the most up to date.

I contacted IOGEAR, but they were not helpful at all. Why? Because on their Windows 10 computer, the device works. BUT I have two Windows 10 devices on which it doesn't work. IOGEAR actually offered to replace the card reader, even though they contended
    it wasn't their problem. I took them up on their kind offer, and the one I received didn't work on my Windows 10 computers, but worked on the Windows 8.1 computer.

I don't want to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10, because, I will then be unable to use the card reader (I use the reader to read a Sony memory stick that works with my old camera).

Anyone have any suggestions? thanks!!

JHHIS, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 15, 2019
  4. br4dz Win User

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. IOGEAR GUCE64 - not wanting to work - Similar Threads - IOGEAR GUCE64 wanting

2. my micorsoft shop want work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my micorsoft shop want work: my micorsoft shop app want open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-micorsoft-shop-want-work/f1eaec08-5a5b-42ab-811d-b2502da30aa1
  3. my micorsoft shop want work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my micorsoft shop want work: my micorsoft shop app want open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-micorsoft-shop-want-work/f1eaec08-5a5b-42ab-811d-b2502da30aa1
  4. My pc doesnt want to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc doesnt want to work: I had this pc for nearly a year without truble.I upgraded the ram and the storage like two months ago without any problem.But for some reason when I play on it for a while it just stops at the last frame and compleatly stops working unless I unplug and replug the cable.I...
  5. My pc doesnt want to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc doesnt want to work: I had this pc for nearly a year without truble.I upgraded the ram and the storage like two months ago without any problem.But for some reason when I play on it for a while it just stops at the last frame and compleatly stops working unless I unplug and replug the cable.I...
  6. Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard: Using Iogear keyboard with built in trackball model gkb635w, was fine, upgraded to 2004, buttons work, no pointer. Install on older version it works. Installed older adesso with trackball and worked. Something in update not working. Contacted IOGEAR as well, as these are PNP...
  7. Accessories don't want to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessories don't want to work: Windows 10 Version 1903 My computer worked fine last night and I rarely shut it off; just put it to sleep. When I tried to sign in this morning there was some gray window and I can't remember what it said, but something about pushing the F7 key. When my desktop loaded...
  8. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?: Windows 10 version 1903 Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality...
  9. want to unistall chromium but doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
    want to unistall chromium but doesnt work: Somehow I got chromium - clicked the wrong button - anyway now when I start up to chromium windows pop up, slows my computer down and I just want to uninstall, I go to unistall get to the part where it asks if I want to make allow these changes to the computer - then NADA can...
  10. Printer does not want to work, scanner etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer does not want to work, scanner etc.: I have been logging into my computer with the same password without issues. My boss changed my microsoft password which pardon my ignorance I did not know that I had one unless I go to my godaddy 365 account. I came in this morning and logged in with a pin and again with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iogear guce64 device descriptor failed