Windows 10: IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro...

Discus and support IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This property that fetches the friendly name for removable USB storage media by calling IoGetDeviceProperty with DevicePropertyFriendlyName is broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kmishra_DG, Jul 6, 2020.

1. IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro...

This property that fetches the friendly name for removable USB storage media by calling IoGetDeviceProperty with DevicePropertyFriendlyName is broken in Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 19041.329. Earlier versions of Windows 10 are fine.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix available?

Thanks

:)

kmishra_DG, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
  3. ordering strings alphanumerically

You don't loop it, it does via .Sort(IComparer). In my example, it would like like...
    Code: List<string> list = new List<string>(); list.Add("2"); list.Add("1"); list.Add("0"); //sort it OffsetLengthPairComparer comparer = new OffsetLengthPairComparer(); list.Sort(comparer);[/quote] Obviously my comparer doesn't work for strings because it is for a custom type but, you get the idea.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro...

Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro...

1. IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty string for DevicePropertyFriendlyName on Windows 10 Pro... - Similar Threads - IoGetDeviceProperty returns empty

2. Script returns a System.IO.DirectoryInfo data instead of the string when it should...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script returns a System.IO.DirectoryInfo data instead of the string when it should...: I have the following script; which option 1 and 2 work correctly, but option 3, in which the user is expected to enter the directory name, does not work... this is my script: function Set-Destination { param [string]$dockroot $destinationPath = Join-Path -Path...
  3. Script returns a System.IO.DirectoryInfo data instead of the string when it should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script returns a System.IO.DirectoryInfo data instead of the string when it should...: I have the following script; which option 1 and 2 work correctly, but option 3, in which the user is expected to enter the directory name, does not work... this is my script: function Set-Destination { param [string]$dockroot $destinationPath = Join-Path -Path...
  4. String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table: I'm trying to complete the installation of the BS-240 clinical chemistry analyzer that is to be connected to a Windows 10 computer. Whenever I run the 'setup.exe' file to start the installation, I see this error pop up immediately - String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Empty RegBack Folder: I was comparing the RegIdleBackup Scheduled Task on Windows 10 Pro (21H1) with my Windows 7 system. I saw that the task had a history of successful runs but the Next Run Time was empty. I also noticed the Defrag task the Next Run Time was also empty. On the RegIdleBackup task...
  6. IoGetDeviceProperty on Windows 10 2004 19041.329 returns empty string as friendly name for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IoGetDeviceProperty on Windows 10 2004 19041.329 returns empty string as friendly name for...: It seems IoGetDeviceProperty does not return DevicePropertyFriendlyName for removable USB storage devices on Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 19041.329. The rest of the details like vendor name, serial number, model etc. are available. I tried various models sandisk, verbatim,...
  7. Surface pro return

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro return: So about a week ago I sent back my surface pro 4 which had a warranty because it was glitching and wouldn’t charge and I was wondering if anyone knows how long it would take for it to get to the microsoft place and then a new one shipped back to me? If anyone else has had to...
  8. Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro: I want to go back to Windows 10 Home 64bit I accidentally upgraded to Pro where I can't re-activated Windows on both machines Laptop which doesn't support Pro and the same goes for the desktop but then I enter another product key for Home and comes up as Education on Laptop,...
  9. Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro: Greg, I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store because there was no sound from my laptop using the Home version and thought that the Pro version might be able to solve the problem. Unfortunately there was no sound from my laptop using...
  10. returns diggital purchase windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    returns diggital purchase windows Pro: I would like to return the purchase of windows Pro it was a digital purchase, and get my refund I bought it and it is not what I wanted. I bought it on December 11, 2018....