Windows 10: IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT

Discus and support IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I HAVE CONNECTED IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE BUT CANNOT SEE IT WHERE SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR IT IN MENU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARTEMIS800, Apr 14, 2019.

1. IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT

I HAVE CONNECTED IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE BUT CANNOT SEE IT WHERE SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR IT IN MENU

:)

ARTEMIS800, Apr 14, 2019

2. Problem with my Iomega external hard drive

I have a new Dell desktop with windows 10.

Connecting my Iomega external hard drive with all my backup from my former computer, Windows recognizes the Iomega but my primary Iomega tool bars don't come up.

What does come up are the files that are in the external hard drive, but I can only access "my pictures", not, "my documents".

I have not contacted Iomega, the "Geek Squad" or anyone else.

I found this site and posting this problem here.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Bert Canepa, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Accessing folders in Iomega external hard drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.
    (I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:
    "Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined
    Also, the Iomega does not show the opening window with all the settings, kinds of backup etc......
    Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......
    Thank you.......

Bert Canepa, Apr 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT

Iomega and EMC Bring External SSD Flash Drives To the Consumer and SMB Markets

Iomega Corporation, an EMC company and a leading innovator in digital storage and protection solutions for consumers and small and medium businesses, today announced new host-powered Iomega External USB 3.0 SSD Flash Drives, rugged solid state drives utilizing the blazing fast speed of the USB 3.0 interface and the security of built-in encryption - the perfect portable storage device for high-end users, creative professionals and others who demand the best in performance, security and portability.

Leveraging EMC's world class solid state expertise and implementation in enterprise network storage solutions, Iomega's new pocket-sized 1.8-inch external USB 3.0 SSD Flash drives will be available in early November in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities.

IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT ssd122s_thm.jpg

Encased in a sleek metal enclosure that not only looks great but delivers added protection from drops up to 10 feet, Iomega's new SSD Flash Drives feature 256-bit hardware encryption for security, bundled anti-virus and backup software, a three-year warranty and the superior performance of solid state drives that users expect in state-of-the-art storage from Iomega.

"When time is money and you need the latest technology in portable storage, Iomega's new high performance external solid state Flash drives are the ideal solution," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. "Iomega's new external USB 3.0 SSD Flash drives are compact, rugged portable storage devices that deliver data transfer speeds considerably faster than any standard rotating disk drives, as well as the confidence that comes with a solid industrial design, hardware encryption and the complete Iomega Protection Suite to protect users' important files, all of which makes Iomega's new SSD Flash Drives the storage of choice for high-end users who demand the ultimate in performance and portability."

Anatomy of the New Iomega USB 3.0 External SSD Flash Drive
    The Iomega USB 3.0 External SSD Flash Drive is a solid state drive that has no moving parts, resulting in a more durable drive with fast application loading and top transfer speeds for high definition video, digital images, graphics and music. Professional videographers, photographers and other creative professionals will find the Iomega USB 3.0 SSD Drive a perfect match for their deadlines and digital storage needs.

Utilizing the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, the Iomega External SSD Flash Drive boasts up to 10 times the speed of USB 2.0 drives. Iomega's new external SSD Drive also performs twice as fast as a 7200 RPM SATA hard drives utilizing the same USB 3.0 interface.

Cool-to-the-touch, the new Iomega SSD Flash drives require no external power supply and are completely backward compatible with personal computers and other devices that only have USB 2.0 ports. Iomega also offers USB 3.0 adapter cards (sold separately) to insert into USB 2.0 laptop and desktop computers so users of the new Iomega SSD Flash Drive can experience native USB 3.0 transfer speeds of up to 5 gigabits per second.

A Creative Professional's Take on the Iomega USB 3.0 External SSD Flash Drive
    Kevin T Gilbert, an award-winning photojournalist, teacher and entrepreneur based in Annapolis, Maryland, is CEO and founder of Blue Pixel, a leading digital creative group that consults for major companies in retail, computers, software and camera manufacturing. A pioneer digital photographer who has photographed four sitting U.S. Presidents, as well as two fictional U.S. Presidents during a stint shooting on The West Wing television series, Gilbert can't say enough about Iomega's new external SSD Drive and the virtues of utilizing solid state flash as a professional photojournalist.

"I travel to 20 countries a year and the new Iomega SSD drive keeps me solidly backed up and within the airline weight limits! I love that," said Gilbert, elected six times as president of the White House News Photographers Association. "Size, speed and portability matter to me as I travel the world. At a time when the international airlines continue to limit size and weight on gear, the Iomega external SSD drive is a lifesaver! This drive gets a big thumbs up from me and should from anyone who spends a lot of time shooting on the go."
    Value Add Software Package That Saves Money and Protects Your Files

Included free of charge with Iomega's new External SSD Flash Drives is the Iomega Protection Suite, a one-stop portfolio of backup and anti-virus software giving users added protection for their photos, videos, music and other files.

Pricing, Availability and Warranty
    The new Iomega External SSD Flash Drive USB 3.0 will be available worldwide in early November in three capacities: 64GB for $229.00, 128GB for $399.00, and 256GB for $749.00. (All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.) Iomega's new External SSD Flash Drives will be available in the channel from distributors, systems integrators and others, as well as etailers and at www.iomega.com.

btarunr, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT

1. IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE UNIT - Similar Threads - IOMEGA EXTERNAL STORAGE

2. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.: Hello all. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Feel free to refer me to another post from earlier.I have an IOMEGA Prestige, which is perfectly operational. I just finished a Windows 10 reinstall that took forever due to corrupt system files. I stored...
  3. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.: Hello all. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Feel free to refer me to another post from earlier.I have an IOMEGA Prestige, which is perfectly operational. I just finished a Windows 10 reinstall that took forever due to corrupt system files. I stored...
  4. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.: Windows Explorer does not "see" my external Iomega harddrive. I have tried unplugging and replugging, restarting with the drive plugged in and switched on, but nothing seems to work....
  6. Iomega storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega storage device: I have an Iomega storage device that is not showing up or being recognized by my computer. A few days ago I started a backup on this device and it was fine, now I can't even find the device, let alone the backup! What can I do? Where do I look for it? HELP !!!!!!!!...
  7. iomega external hard drive

iomega external hard drive: hi help needed. my windows 10 laptop cant seem to find my iomega drive after updating windows. can I get help from someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/4bfd6cf7-f00d-4aa3-ad75-4251313ddc8e
  8. iomega external hard drive

iomega external hard drive: How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my iomega drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/f077c105-c7a8-4604-8b26-625c47b56747
  9. Iomega External Harddrive Not found (kind of)

Iomega External Harddrive Not found (kind of): All of a sudden my networked external hard drive no longer registers as in file explorer, however it shows up when I double click on "Network" it is listed as a Media Device. It was working fine last month. (I've been on vacation) My guess is that there is a Windows update...
  10. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118